Sign in to follow this  

Front end leak...... doesnt look like seals though

Well on my crf450 that prob only has about 10 hours on it has started to leak on my right fork. The thing is that i just had lighter springs put on. After the first ride with teh new springs i noticed that on the ride home there was some oil left on the right shock. The only time that it leaks is when its tighed down in the truck or sitting off the stand under its own weight.

The amount of oil it leaks is very very small. My question is that i have had bikes with bad seals and this doesnt look like the same thing, what other causes could this be?

i dont have any picks but the best describtion i can give is that when the fork is compressed and released there is just a small line of oil and alittle residue left over not a serious drip. And it only has a small drip when its tied down. When i ride it and when its on its stand it leaks nothing.

Its still most likely the seals.

Often it's just a little dirt in the seal. Did you try cleaning the seal? Be sure not to force the dirt up into the bushing.

sounds like the seals....if you take your finger nail and lift up on the dust cover what happens? if oil comes out then its your seals gone bad and the dust covers are holding the oil in .