Animal Hazards!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, I’m not trying to ruin the fun, just be careful what you post. It would be easy to quote a few of the above posts to make us (OHVers) look bad. There has been a lot of talk lately about anti-OHVers quoting this site and using it as fuel for their campaign.

i was at the mountains riding my 02 rm 250, 4th gear on a graval road when a black bear and 4 cubs came flying out of the bush,i grabbed fifth and blew right pass em.Man,now that is some scary S***.:applause:

I'm totally convinced that my demise is going to caused by a damn cow!! They are always trying to get me.

i know what you mean i was ridin in the desert and almost got a horn through the chest, it bounced up off of my handleber and glanced off of my chest protector, needless to say it scared the crap out of me

Saw a kid many years ago that hit a dog. That dude bailed with authority! That full grown Collie tore up his new QT 80. The dog just recently passed away a few years later. The 80 has been long dead.

yeah i hate kangaroos and wallabies one of them put my freind through a fence

also made me bail a few times

if u ride in southern aus goats are a prob to(on kangaroo island)

night riding is dangerous the stupid animals just look at ur light

nealy hit a huge kangaroo on a DR 350 in 5th pinned i craped my pants

Had a few bear encounters on the trails.. and deer are always possible...

but damn snakes?? I would not dare even go near that man ha ha you guys are crazy! I fall WAY too often for that risk!!

Have any of you ever encountered any animal hazards while riding?

Dogs, cats, birds, horses, bulls, deer, gators, yeti, chupacabra, etc...

About two years ago, while riding a short stretch of single track in the Fairview Mountains (Victorville area) I had a face to face experience with a rattlesnake. A buddy and I were cooking up a rocky hill when the rear end of my YZ250 kicked out hard to the left. As my bike launched off the trail, I let go. The YZ landed about ten feet off the side of the trail and I landed just above it. Miraculously neither the bike or my body hit any large rocks.

But in the quiet afternoon desert, as my friend pulled away without seeing my get-off, the sound of a rattler was much too close. I was laying with my face downhill, my arms out streched. As looked up I was only about three feet away from this coiled rattlesnake. Luckily the the YZ was somewhat covering the snake and it did not strike when I jumped to my feet. In the silence I noticed the sound of rattlers all around me! I jumped on the motorcycle and caught up to my friend in no time. (I would proabably do alot better in MX if I got up after bailing like I did that day!)

On the rest of the ride I rode like a complete wuss and noticed snakes all over the trail.

"Snakes...why'd it have to be snakes?"

Indiana Jones talking to his friend Sala - Raiders of the Lost Ark

We got mother f*&%$^* snakes on the mother f*%^&$# trail!!!!! :applause: