Sign in to follow this  

Are all 520 O'ring chains the same length

If I buy a 110 link 520 o-ring chain from all the different manufacturers, will they all be EXACTLY the same length? I am sure it has to be that way but right now my chain is border line too loose and I need to get this resolved. If the chain stretches anymore I won't be able to back the adjusters out any further as they are near their limit. As everyone knows, you have to add one connector and one master link to a chain, you can't just add half. Going a full link smaller my rear tire hits the mud flap so that won't work.

I got into this mess by adding a two tooth larger rear sprocket and trials tire. I can always go back to stock gearing but if for some reason different chains are even a tiny bit longer or shorter for the same link count, I may have another option.

Greg

• Like 1

If they weren't the same length, they wouldn't be 520 chain, by definition.

If they weren't the same length, they wouldn't be 520 chain, by definition.

That is what I figured. Wishfull thinking I suppose.

Greg

What if you run the wheel all the way forward? Would there then be enough slack to remove another link?

Is your current chain worn? (with the chain laid out on the floor, measuring from the center of the first roller to the 101st roller, it should be 62.5" if new, and no longer than 63.4375" (63 7/16) ) (Also measure small sections by using a 6" vernier caliper from the inside of one roller to the inside of the 11th roller. This dimension will be 5.85" on a new chain, and should not be longer than 5.94")