Sign in to follow this  

im new to dirtbikes and have a questions about them

The kx250f is a four stroke...the kx 250 is the more powerful two stroke.

If you are new, get the 250F...a good bike to progress on!

125cc 2 strokes

> same class

250f 4 strokes

25O 2 stroke

> Same class

450f 4 stroke

more info here

http://science.howstuffworks.com/two-stroke.htm

and >basic principle's

http://www.howstuffworks.com/engine1.htm

2 strokes have a snappy powerband, meaning the power will pull u at differents parts of the powerband....2 strokes cost less money to maintain, but usually require more top end jobs then 4 strokes....have more top end power....

4 strokes have more usuable power than 2 strokes....smoother powerband...meaning its easier to run....dns't use a much of the clutch as a 2stroke, cost more to maintain b/c there are more parts moving....strong low-mid range power...i would suggest getting a 125 b.c of it's light weight and easy maintanence....or u can get a 250f, because of it's "easy to learn" concept....but either bike will have similiar results on the dyno

another thing is what are the differences in years. Ive had many street bikes like the gsxr changed motors and frames in 2004 and 2007. So when all did the change them and did the change them for the better or worst??? Also if i damaged it wheich one or years would parts be more readily available???

2005 was the last year for the 125.

They made many changes to the 250F in 2006.

I think the 250 is mostly unchanged for the last few years (think the last really big change, other than minor improvements, was 2003).

yes and no........ and there is no 03 kx250f i dunno why every1 always says sometin about em.

but get the 06 there a hell of alot better then the 04-05 or get an 07 even betteer

yes and no........ and there is no 03 kx250f i dunno why every1 always says sometin about em.

but get the 06 there a hell of alot better then the 04-05 or get an 07 even betteer

The 2003 250 I was refering to is the two stroke...

Can you please tell me what they changed in the 06 compared to the 04-05??? Im leaning towards a 06 but if they didnt have a major change between the 04-05 and the 06 I might just buy a 04 and save some $$$$$$$$

Thanks in advance

Can you please tell me what they changed in the 06 compared to the 04-05??? Im leaning towards a 06 but if they didnt have a major change between the 04-05 and the 06 I might just buy a 04 and save some $$$$$$$$

Thanks in advance

the major change in 06 was they aded the more plush showa suspension and they changed to a lighter alluminum frame

:lol: my $0.02

I have a 05 CRF 450 HONDA but in 08 will get a 525 KTM with a plate and a electric starter and FUEL INJECTION.:lol:

Remember that $ saved is forgotten soon after buying But wanting THE SHIT will stay with you untill you SPEND THE CASH TO GETIT. GET IT?:applause: