Sign in to follow this  

protective gear

New rider and want some gear advice--got Alpine star tech 8 boots, MSR helmet, goggles and glovea but want body gear--I ride TTR-230 on trails (conservative rider at 50) I am 6'3" 205#. Reading about the Dianese, and Rockgardn suits and the thought of an integrated set makes sense--any recommendations? I really don't want to skimp on the protection (Any thoughts on pants and knee guards too?) Thanks---Brian

i use the thor knee and elbow guards...and a EVS REVO 5 body guard...and use that underneath my jersey

Important items: Helmet,Boots,Chest Protector,Goggles,Knee/Shin guards,Gloves,Jersey,MX Pants,Water Pack w/ pockets for supplies. All these items are important, What brand is up to you. Good luck,Be safe and enjoy yourself :applause:

Great choice on the gear so far, I wear knee braces, chest protector, and a neck roll added on to what you have and that is all you need tops..

I'm more or less the same as you (age, height, weight, TTR 250). I use riding pants/jersey, gloves, helmet, and knee pads. The knee pads take a bit to get used to, but are worth it. I lost my balance on an uphill road with deep ruts and fell over and landed on my knees and head--and did not feel a thing. Looking at the grooves in the pads and the scratches on the helmet reconfirmed why I use them. I'm thinking of getting a chest protector for this year's season (we do lots of mountain riding). If you find a good chest protector, email back to my location (use the private message). Thanks,