2007 4-stroke shop manual

Just to clarify...XTI quoted a old post from me...all Euro3 bikes (in Europe or USA) came with dual ignition, all Euro3 come with the ignition curve that gives more traction (and less max power) enabled.

What XTI talks about the adaptation of some pins, no matter possible, may make water enter in the CDI plug if by accident you damage the plastic when inserting the pins...i done it the official way, bought the racing wiring and made extra wiring for the other stuff (except blinkers that i didn't need)

There is another option for the ones that want the dual ignition and don't want to make wirings,etc. Simply buy the racing wiring, cut the plug with some inches of wire still connected, cut stock plug from stock wiring and solder the plug of the racing wiring...that way you have the blinkers,etc. and will be sure that water wont penetrate CDI plug (a bit :crazy:, i know)

Notice however, that as soon as you remove the Euro3 blackbox, etc. the fan will stop work so you always need some extra wiring to make it work...see how i done it in my 510 thread.

Just to clarify...XTI quoted a old post from me...all Euro3 bikes (in Europe or USA) came with dual ignition, all Euro3 come with the ignition curve that gives more traction (and less max power) enabled.

What XTI talks about the adaptation of some pins, no matter possible, may make water enter in the CDI plug if by accident you damage the plastic when inserting the pins...i done it the official way, bought the racing wiring and made extra wiring for the other stuff (except blinkers that i didn't need)

There is another option for the ones that want the dual ignition and don't want to make wirings,etc. Simply buy the racing wiring, cut the plug with some inches of wire still connected, cut stock plug from stock wiring and solder the plug of the racing wiring...that way you have the blinkers,etc. and will be sure that water wont penetrate CDI plug (a bit :crazy:, i know)

Notice however, that as soon as you remove the Euro3 blackbox, etc. the fan will stop work so you always need some extra wiring to make it work...see how i done it in my 510 thread.

It is possible to water proof pins. That's what they make silicone for. :ride:

It is possible to water proof pins. That's what they make silicone for. :ride:

I know about them...there is no version of them for that plug...the water proof is made in the plug itself.

• 1 year later...