Sign in to follow this  

i need help

ive got a 02 crf450 that while riding just stopped in cold in 4th gear. no bump start, no nothing. the kickstarter pedal is locked in the top dead center position. this happened last time i rode also. I since opened the right crank case and inspected evrything, it looked brand new. if i hand crank it seems to unjar what is stuck. any suggstions?

ive got a 02 crf450 that while riding just stopped in cold in 4th gear. no bump start, no nothing. the kickstarter pedal is locked in the top dead center position. this happened last time i rode also. I since opened the right crank case and inspected evrything, it looked brand new. if i hand crank it seems to unjar what is stuck. any suggstions?

How do you know the kicker is stuck @ TDC? You could have a valve sucked halfway down the cylinder and the piston's gonna stop when it hits it. Have you got tools?

How do you know the kicker is stuck @ TDC? You could have a valve sucked halfway down the cylinder and the piston's gonna stop when it hits it. Have you got tools?

Maby a clip, bolt, piece of the clutch or somthing else if floating around and binding things up.:applause::lol:

might search some had a problem; seems like a cast part in the return spring area. sorry cant remember exactly

its probably just majorly clapped. I think the only fix is to install a brand new 07 yz250 in front of the rider. (or sx ).

What i don't understand is why a yz/sx250 rider is in the crf450 section, talking about replacing a crf with a yz/sx. Do like I do and look into other bikes forums and read about there bikes and what they have to offer and keep your opinion to yourself.