Sign in to follow this  

86 dr125

i just picked one up and hear some top end noise , i'm guessing it's valve clearance , haven't checked yet . anyone know what i'm supposed to set it to ? i can't find it anywhere online , someone has to have a manual .

i just picked one up and hear some top end noise , i'm guessing it's valve clearance , haven't checked yet . anyone know what i'm supposed to set it to ? i can't find it anywhere online , someone has to have a manual .

Welcome, do some searches and see what you can find on this site. There won't be as much about the smaller DR's but I'm sure there is useful information here for you. You may need a valve adjustment and/or cam chain adjustment. I can't offer any expert advice since I've never owned or worked on a DR125 before. I'm sure someone here has...........:applause:

i couldn't find anything , i'll call the bike shop tomorrow and see if they'll look it up for me . i picked it up for $300 and figured i'd play around with it in the back yard till it's warmer out and then sell it for a bike i actually fit on and can move me effortlessly . just couldn't pass it up for $300 it's in sweet shape . and it looks really funny next to my big bikes .