Sign in to follow this  

Over populated and over regulated

Just got back into the sport and my first response was ........

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED

Ok here goes my story on this infiltration of spineless tree huggers into the sport i so dearly love.

So i ride all over nor cal and really spend most of my time dirt bikin with my buddies at least we ride on marked trail systems and never really encounter too many people on the trails or in the campgrounds for most of 5 to 10 years.

Fast forward...

The bike goes through many transformations the families all start ridin with us now and we all grow older and slow down a bit...

A few ranger rick confrontations, a few bad encounters with dirt bag riders and i sell my bike the wifes the kids and make up some lame excuse about getting older and having too many things on my plate to ride any longer.

The urge to ride never leaves me neither do the friends who constantly bug me about the rides and how much they miss my odd sense of humor and of course my ever present acrobatics on the trails.

I buy a new bike last week and tell my best riding buddy i am back and ready to hit my favorite spot for a weekend ride.

Unfortunately he tells me sorry bro we cannot ride there until it stops raining.. ..I first think what a Pu$$e he has become and wonder what the hell is his problem. We have ridden in monsoon rain storms, watched it snow on peaks and freeze the leaves right off of trees in front of my eyes and have had some of the most epic rides you could ever imagine in inclimate weather....... That's when he informs me of the rain rule...I am shocked to hear we measure the rain to determine if we can ride anymore. This is just one more bullshit attempt at getting us out of the way so a bunch of knuckleheads can pretend they have a reason to not allow a rider to enter the national forest land we support with our hard earned tax dollar. I am pissed and have considered selling a bike I just bought because i am sick and tired of the way people build shit up to get what they really want. TO STOP OHV FOREVER............................

I am sooooooooo FN frustrated it hurts:banghead:

Oh and yes i have ridden nearly every trail in Northern california but you will never see me post anything about them here on this forum. This forum is bugged big time read the posts carefully and you will see what i am referring to.

If we didn't ride after a rain, or during I should say, (does it ever stop here?), here on the OR coast, we'd have a 4 month long riding season, but that would be infringed upon by fire danger, so we'd be left with about 10 days in the spring when there is enough moisture in the trees to prevent fire, but not too wet to ride.

Tree Huggers are our worst enemy, after the dirtbags amongst us who think it's cool to litter, ride with loud pipes, etc.

Come to alabama. No dirtbike registration. No db checks. Shoot most of the time when you ride past somebodys house they wave you down and ask if you wanna ride with them. Everybody has straight pipes on their V8s and in general we like everything thats big and loud. Nobody cares about "dust pollution" or "sound pollution" or any of that crap. Down here everybody loves motorsports and because of that we never have any problems.

There is simply no such thing as a tree hugger in alabama. Hooray for the south!

I am not looking for a wide open no holds barred type of system what I am concerned about is that we are now allowing more and more BS to get in the way of just riding. My buddies say it is due to our own riders out destroying trails and making a mess outta things that ruin it for the rest of us. I say it's just one more strong arm tactic done in such a way that we are convinced it is our own un-doing.

Funny how we are able to finance a war that simply is about crude oil by cutting spending in our national forests by over 70% yet we make excuses like the reason we can't ride is Bob left a candy wrapper on the ground.

I am still pissed..............:applause:

It's the liberals that keep getting elected to the state legislature that bring all this about. Who did you vote for? Whose vote did you change? What are you going to do about it?

It's the liberals that keep getting elected to the state legislature that bring all this about. Who did you vote for? Whose vote did you change? What are you going to do about it?

+1:prof:

What the hell is a rain rule? Why do you have to measure the rain to decide if you can ride or not?

PA is actually a popular state for motorsports (ranks in the top 3 most popular states). We don't have colored stickers, registrations or crazy regulations. PA has it's problems but it's no CA! That place has some issues.

I'm in Southern CA and I have never heard of this rule. Maybe your friends are pu$$ies.

I should of put one of these little guys :applause: in here so you won't take offense to my comment and know I'm just kidding with you.

I say you should throw on some gear, start up that bike, and go ride in the rain....before it drys up :applause:---