Sign in to follow this  

pit bike vote

vote on these bikes and lets hear what people have to say about them mabey if there is some one out there looking to buy a bike this would help them insted of going thread to thread..hear are the bikes..pitster pro...sdg....ssr...orion.....motovert...sikk...klx110...venom....

i just bought a 06 ssr c4 i think it is a great bike the motor runs strong front shock is great the rear is ook i think the cluch@ break levers need to be better and grips... the handal bars are great.....welll i hear good things about them all the time they have tons of parts a great price so i vote ssr

OH yeah there allllll goooooooood

In the order most will probably rank them

KLX 110

Pitster Pro

SSR

SDG

Motovert

All the rest

SSR ranks above CRF 50 and KLX 110 if you ask me. Stock for stock, the SSR would whoop them. :applause:

SSR ranks above CRF 50 and KLX 110 if you ask me. Stock for stock, the SSR would whoop them. :applause:
That was just a dumb answer. Stock for stock? So what happens when your precious SSR breaks? How do you intend on fixing it? My KLX is modded now,but I have beaten plenty of SSR's when it was stock. Sure they have a head start but I just catch up and pass them. Hell I guess I ride alot better than most.

That was just a dumb answer. Stock for stock? So what happens when your precious SSR breaks? How do you intend on fixing it? My KLX is modded now,but I have beaten plenty of SSR's when it was stock. Sure they have a head start but I just catch up and pass them. Hell I guess I ride alot better than most.

Riiiiiiight :applause:

How do I plan on fixing it? With tools, isn't that how you would fix yours? If your referring to parts support, my dealer stocks everything for the bike. Don't be mad because you had to spend an ass load to keep up with a China bike :lol:

Riiiiiiight :applause:

How do I plan on fixing it? With tools, isn't that how you would fix yours? If your referring to parts support, my dealer stocks everything for the bike. Don't be mad because you had to spend an ass load to keep up with a China bike :lol:

Yeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhh riiiiiiiight that is the same reason I fix up my 150R and 450f too. To keep up with china bikes. Of course not I want the best don't you? Aftermarket parts improve the riding right? So why would I buy something that is known for breaking? I have friends with china bikes and it seems always I am helping them fix something that should have never broke in the first place. So I am actually witnessing this stuff falling apart. Me and my friends ride the same places and same amount of time and we also do maintance together. Mine consist of washing my bike changing oil ,checking bolts. Theirs is the same but now fabricating something together to make it work. So the fixing with tools thing yeah good comeback. As for parts I go to the local japanese bike shop over here in japan and get anything aftermarket.Don't ever have to go to a dealer. Funny they carry nothing for chinese bikes. They got everything and stuff they don't even sell in the U.S..

It wasn't a "come back" it was an answer to your question....

Like I said in one of my other posts, my big bike is a Suzuki. If China made one, would I own it? Probably not. But talking about big bikes is a whole different story. Pit bikes are just toys to have fun on. I am not jumping 30' gaps on one. Others might, but no thanks for me.

If used properly and taken care of, you shouldn't have to do anything to any bike other then tighten bolts, change oil, clean air cleaners, etc. The people who break them, abuse them and ride them harder then they are built for. Are you going to take a bone stock CRF 50 and jump it 20 foot in the air? I would hope not. Same goes for China bikes. Sure some are built to handle more then others, but none of them IMHO are built to handle what we do on the big bikes.

"ya right, mine is faster" - "whatever, yours is crap and i can beat you" - "yours breaks, china bikes suck" - "oh ya, you spent a lot of money on yours" - blah blah blah

Always the same crap ... back and forth, back and forth ... The thread started because someone wanted more information. It was an honest question and it is flame city before you can even blink an eye. The funny thing is, somone could ask a question about ANYTHING and the thread will end up with exactly what I just typed.

Is this rear shock good ? Refer to above for answer !

I found a new brand of pitbike, what do you think ? Refer to above !

Wow, this motor is sweet, check it out. Refer to above !

Etc ...

Get a grip people ! How about answering the question and being helpfull instead of leading this thread down the same road that 90% of the rest of them go.

:applause::lol::lol::eek::naughty::lol::worthy::ride::lol:

=========

To the original poster, from my experience:

Pitster Pro

SSR

MotoVert

Orion

Stock KLX/CRF

SDG

Sikk

Coolster

Roketa

All needing $$ to be spent and all have much room to improve. Cost of upgrades factored into list. Just my 2 cents.

This thread is useless. I knew what it would say b4 I even opened it. People like what they ride or else they wouldn't of bought it.

Actually...here is an honest answer....I own a Sikk Mx...I have done the mods, and it has held up reasonably well....and their customer service has been outstanding....HOWEVER...if I had to do it all over again...I would not purchase a Sikk....I think that you can get more out of your money by going a different route....you want the honest truth....cross Sikk off of your list and do homework on some of your other options....Hope that this is the kind of feedback that you were looking for.

Yeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhh riiiiiiiight that is the same reason I fix up my 150R and 450f too. To keep up with china bikes. Of course not I want the best don't you? Aftermarket parts improve the riding right? So why would I buy something that is known for breaking? I have friends with china bikes and it seems always I am helping them fix something that should have never broke in the first place. So I am actually witnessing this stuff falling apart. Me and my friends ride the same places and same amount of time and we also do maintance together. Mine consist of washing my bike changing oil ,checking bolts. Theirs is the same but now fabricating something together to make it work. So the fixing with tools thing yeah good comeback. As for parts I go to the local japanese bike shop over here in japan and get anything aftermarket.Don't ever have to go to a dealer. Funny they carry nothing for chinese bikes. They got everything and stuff they don't even sell in the U.S..

Hey, we all know the China stuff doesn't have the fit and finish of the Jap stuff. But bang for the buck they can't be beat and they only will fall apart if you don't go through them from the get go. That is pretty much a given now, at least on this forum. If you take your time and re-grease and re-loctite the majority of the bike which doesn't take long at all, your bike will most likely last as long as most jap bikes. If you go with a name brand like pitster or SSR most people will be very happy. I know I am and I'm jumping on the X4 band wagon for a 2nd go at it.

Knew about the loctite but I forgot all about greasing a new bike. Used to do that all the time back when I was still playing with new bikes.

Thanks for the reminder. Also heard it wasn't a bad idea to throw the stock chain away??

SDGs haven't updated their models lately, but the quality of the motors has gone up, the new crankcase/tranny shaft setup on the 3v motors has fixed the grenade problem they were having. The Pro Minis (of which I own one) are decent machines after you swap shift stars. Parts support from SDG has been good so far as well. (Couple years dealing with them here.)