Anybody want to make some shims for me?

I nee to get some shims that will move my rear and front sprockets over about 3-4mm. I have the Marchesini wheels on my Z and the rear is a 5" width. I have some issues running the 160. I'm working on fabricating a guide for the chain to pass through, that will keep it from moving back and forth. but I still need a bit more room for a 160. Anyone feel up to the task? How much would someone charge?

How are you going to retain the countershaft sprocket if you move it 3 to 4mm?

I'm not familar with how the Marchesini wheel mounts the rear sprocket but you don't want to give up the centering reference diameter for the sprocket.

Have you looked at moving the wheel 3 or 4 mm to the right? Seems strange but I know some bikes don't have the rear wheel directly behind the front.

Take one of your stock wheel spacers, mill it 3~4mm. Have a new spacer made, 3~4mm wider. Then have a spacer ring made (one large ring instead od a bunch of little tubes) to fit between the rear sprocket and the hub. Not having measured the thickness of a standard sprocket, the thickness might be ok. If so, you could merely cut up an old one to create this spacer.

don't sweat it. let the chain trim the tire. i've run my 160's on my marchis with no problem. so far i've had no issues with the chain hitting the rims, it just rubs the tire, but it doesn't take long for it to trim the tire down.

don't sweat it. let the chain trim the tire. i've run my 160's on my marchis with no problem. so far i've had no issues with the chain hitting the rims, it just rubs the tire, but it doesn't take long for it to trim the tire down.

There's some good advice. Or, you could trim some of the tire......how much of a problem is it?

npm is right, draw sketch or something and somebody i am sure can help you out, my dad owns his own machine shop so making a spacer is not a big deal, plenty of material laying around, pm me if you have sizes and i will se what i can do.