Sign in to follow this  

I Cant Shim the valves any more where do i go next ?

My Valves will not schim any ferther im good at mechanics but the valve job and what all do i really need to do it right any tips or sugestions or shops to help me ? I want to make it last longer if possible help me out guys?:applause:

dont know the crf motor.but if the gap is to small you can reduce the valve stem a bit.

Yes, it would be much easier and safer relative to your top end to replace the valves. It might cost a bit now but it'll pay off in the long run.

im working on steel coated replacement valves for the x model i should have some in a week or so

What year is your bike, is it an X ?

How many miles or how much time is on it ? It must be a lot if you've just been shimming away, right ? We like to know these things to better share with you our experiences,and to hear yours.

Tell us more grasshopper :applause:

What the guys are telling you is right, don't be grinding on your valves for God's sake,and your engines sake ,too.

What kind of symptoms were you getting when you first started all this shimming ? Doug

My Valves will not schim any ferther im good at mechanics but the valve job and what all do i really need to do it right any tips or sugestions or shops to help me ? I want to make it last longer if possible help me out guys?:applause:

replace the valves. its not to bad with tool. throw somw ss on it.

Like already mentioned...

With your litttle bit of information given;

REPLACE the valves, and have the valve seats done.

Additional longevity is replacing with SS valves from a TRX motor.

It's the only way to do it RIGHT.

:lol: