Sign in to follow this  

Supermoto community, I need your help!

Hello, I am an industrial design student and i am doing a research project on the sport of Supermoto with the goal of creating new and better products for the sport. If you could share some of your experiences and/or answer some of these questions and send me some pictures of you and your gear (bikes, riding gear, tools, etc), would be extremely helpful (the more the better). I promise this is not any kind of scam and none of the information you provide will be shared with anyone. I will be at the race this weekend at Grange, if anyone would like to spare some time for an interview. Thank you very much for your time. You can send the info to the following email address:

pvela626@charter.net

Paul Vela

name: (its ok if you prefer not to give your complete name )

bike:

class:

-What is Supermoto for you?

-How is this sport different from other types of motorcycling?

-Why did you chose this sport over others like motocross or road racing?

-What is your favorite part of the sport?

-What is your least favorite part of the sport?

-What are some of the problems in the sport?

-What kind of equipment/gear do you use (you can list riding gear

or track equipment or both if you want)?

- Do you find that your riding gear offers adequate protection?

-What works best / what doesn’t (gear or equipment) ?

-Is there anything you use on your motorcycle or your gear

that you made yourself (improvised) (ex. soda can as an

oil catch )

Sheeeeze, nosie bugger aint ya? Joking. Hahaaa.

But your questions are asking for a lot. People in marketing get paid the big bucks to *try and find out clear and meaningful answers to questions a lot less broad than yours. And as you ask on an open forum, i'll answer the same way, and in the manner i choose, With this in mind i will share with the whole world :::

0. This sport is still at a grass-roots level - which is an aspect i LOVE.

1. it all comes down to fun. And enjoyment often comes from better performance.

2. Safety, in my opinion is already pretty darn good. But do know that people are more often than not wearing mixxed (perhaps mis-matched) sets of safety gear, as we are typically seat-of-the-pants, grassroots, fun-loving thrill-seekers. Consider looking at the newer helment designs; visors on dirt-bike helmets. Or street worthy body armor - that is dirt functional.

3. So, in regards to performance i say focus on improving one of 4 aspects: Traction, braking, or handling. You could focus on horsepower too, and that maybe easier, at least in concept, as their are so many models of how to proceed.

4. In the traction dept, consider the challenge of lean-angles and radial surface changes. Tires are EVERYTHING - and are a huge conpromise in this activity more than any other i can think of.

5. EVERYBODY wants better braking skills. The right human interface is being worked on, and is VERY important as everybody is already, or wants to be back-it-in. TALK ABOUT A BIG DEAL!!!! Some REALLY cool people are doing some work on this right now, and coupling it to their auto-clutch. :applause::lol: :lol: :eek::naughty: This could be a million dollar idea. Sheeeze, my bicycles have better controls!!!

6. Handling - sheeeze, where to start? i dunno. Everyting is so inter-related! Why not focus on a drop kit? A way to lower your average dirt bike in short order? Or something simple (simpler) like a new style of seat? again, i dunno.

Good luck. And Lettuce (cabbage and carrots too) ("let us" - haahaa) know how the ideal process goes………..We expect GREAT things out of you - and will pay you in kind $$$$$$$$$

flailer

---

Hello, I am an industrial design student and i am doing a research project on the sport of Supermoto with the goal of creating new and better products for the sport. If you could share some of your experiences and/or answer some of these questions and send me some pictures of you and your gear (bikes, riding gear, tools, etc), would be extremely helpful (the more the better). I promise this is not any kind of scam and none of the information you provide will be shared with anyone. I will be at the race this weekend at Grange, if anyone would like to spare some time for an interview. Thank you very much for your time. You can send the info to the following email address:

pvela626@charter.net

Paul Vela

name: (its ok if you prefer not to give your complete name )

bike:

class:

-What is Supermoto for you?

-How is this sport different from other types of motorcycling?

-Why did you chose this sport over others like motocross or road racing?

-What is your favorite part of the sport?

-What is your least favorite part of the sport?

-What are some of the problems in the sport?

-What kind of equipment/gear do you use (you can list riding gear

or track equipment or both if you want)?

- Do you find that your riding gear offers adequate protection?

-What works best / what doesn’t (gear or equipment) ?

-Is there anything you use on your motorcycle or your gear

that you made yourself (improvised) (ex. soda can as an

oil catch )