Sign in to follow this  

Supercross That Jimmy Stewart, He's on the GAS!

I finally got a chance to watch St. Louis lastnight and man was that an incredible race. I don't think I've rewinded and rewatched so many parts of a main event before. And with all of the block passing and take-outs aside, the thing I was most blown away by was Bubba's charge from last to second. Lately he is looking alot more like the incredibly talented, agressive and unstoppable kid we all originally knew him to be coming up through the amateurs and the 125 class. I think it took a couple seasons to get him acclimated to the 450 and now he's tossing that thing around like he did with his KX125. It's astounding to watch. And in particular, that overhead camera shot they had going at the dome in St. Louis gave an awesome perspective of just how fast he was going, blowing by some of the top pros like they were traffic cones sitting out on the track, wheelieing through almost the entire whoop section, so fast .. it was remarkable. Now I just hope he starts having more fun during the races.. maybe throw a couple sick whips in there every now and then. And how about that quad he was doing in Atlanta?? That's some straight up MX vs ATV Unleashed shit right there! The dude is completely alien.

I could not agree more! I have re-watched that thing 5 times, and every time I find something more amazing then the last time. His speed is INSANE! If he can continue to keep it on at least one wheel, he is going to rewrite the record books!

ps. good thread!:applause:

Like him or not (I do!!), no other rider causes me to exclaim my disbelief out loud about what I just saw, and like you, rewind it so I can watch it over and over. Truthfully, I like everyone on the starting gate. All of them have amazing skills. But James is from another world. Even when RC was in the booth doing commentary, he giggled "did you guys see that!?" as James wheelied through an entire whoop section (or as Ricky says, hoop-de-doos). Just incredible...

no other rider causes me to exclaim my disbelief out loud about what I just saw

haha.. man it's so funny you say that because at least three times lastnight i was unable to hold back outbursts of "...holy crap!.." mixed with a little bit of histerical laughter because some of the stuff he's doing is flat out rediculous.

you'll see him coming into a pack of riders at twice their speed and in your brain you're thinking.. 'damn stew.. better slow it down for a sec.. those guys don't know you're comin..' - and i'll be damned if he doesn't wick it up even faster just before he slices through.

i was watching him pass windham a couple races ago in the air over a triple and he literally changed directions in the air to get next to KW so he would have the inside leading into the next turn.. and probably came within an inch or two of Kevin's back wheel. no sweat.

imagine what he'll be doing in five years when he's a seasoned veteran like RC is now. :applause:

Alien!!!!! You nailed it man!!!!!! Bubba is amazing. I have never seen so much talent. I have watched racing my whole life and never thought anybody would ever be able to throw down like this dude. I feel like I should be holding a remote control while I am watching the race just dominating the field. Who is next? RV might pull off some good races in a few years! We will see.

I was lucky enough to have been there and I am glad to see that some other people noticed the how incredible it was to watch that kind of a come back. I went to the race last year and it was terrible but I will keep going back after what I saw last Saturday. I think that with a performance like that it just shows how much faster he really is compared to the rest of the riders, I just wish someone besides RC could keep up with him to make it more interesting in the future.