Who was your childhood dirt bike hero?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say about you guys and your pics for your childhood dirtbike hero is ......thanks, thanks a lot guys for making me feel older than dirt:cry: :applause:

Haven't seen one other pic from the early-mid 60's other than mine:excuseme: Guess I'll go grab a Geritol and relax in the ol' rockin chair. smilie-Greis.gif

as a kid...Brad Lackey, he was fighting the good fight against the euro's..

and..

Rick Burgett.... saw Rick at the first actual MX race I ever saw, it was a local track called Dover, he was on a yamaha 125 and he just SMOKED everyone else on their 250's and Open bikes, I mean it wasn't even close... Rick went on to win an Open National championship....I was hooked on MX after seeing that first race...

After, it was the "O" Show, and Bailey....

Late 70's, and 80's was the best, most competitive racing ever, all those big names dicing with each other every week... None of these snooze fests where one or two riders is totally running away with the races like we have now..

OK

Guess I'll have to be the odd ball as usual

There was a guy from Bel Air, Maryland we used to watch ride wheelies up and down our gravel road. He rode a Bultaco (don't remember what type)

He claimed to race but we never had the $ to even go watch. That guy

doesn't know it but he was my "dirt bike hero"