Sign in to follow this  

Big Bore kit for 2002CRF450R

Hi all, can someone please suggest which is the best big bore kit for a 2002CRF450R? I have had suggestions re. the Athena & Vertex kits, but which is the best kit? Also do I need to change the valves & valve springs? I was told yes, so far I found the Kibblewhite kits on eBay, but not sure if these are up for the job::applause:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140067676025&fromMakeTrack=true

Any help will be very appreciated!! :lol:

Thanks to you all.

Best regards

Reuben from Malta

Ron Hamp makes more power with a stock bore. are you sure you want to screw with a proven engine design??

HI biketrdr, still not sure about the big bore kit, but if you have any suggestions, please do let me know. I'm still starting up my project so I'm still learning what's good and what's not.

Thx again.

Reu

if it were mine i would go stock with a je 13;1 piston a crower cam, and mrd exhaust. call the guys on the cam and exhaust tell them what your going to expect and they will build it like you need it

stage 1 for low end, stage 2 for mid-top. i just prefer the JE over the Wiseco. havent had any problems with JE and i cant sat that for the others

HI biketrdr, thanks ahain for the info., I really appreciate it, I think I now know my way forward.

Best regards

Reuben from Malta