Sign in to follow this  

Thumper Racing, (must see)

I just got a call from Thumper Racing abut my 325 kit.

They confirmed what I thought I did get a little dirt inthe top end and it may have caused the probelem with the damage to the motor.

But they had also sent the wrong rings with the kit.

NOW HERE IS WHAT THEY SAID AND AND I HAVE TO SAY MAN WHAT A COMPANY, THEY ARE HAVING ME SEND THE MOTOR TO THEM AND THEY ARE GOING TO DISASSEMBLE IT AND CLEAN AND REPAIR ANY DAMMAGE TO THE MOTOR AND INSTALL A NEW SLEEVE AND PISTON THEN SHIP IT BACK TO ME.

FREE OF CHARGE

IF THIS IS NOT THE BEST COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH I DO NOT KNOW OF ONE.... I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU GUYS AND HOPE YOU WILL BUY YOUR KITS AND THINGS FROM THEM, I EVEN OFFERED TO SPLIT THE COST 50/50 AND HE SAID NO THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN IT HAD THE WRONG RINGS AND WE WANT TO MAKE THIS RIGHT. I KNOW THAT THERE WAS A LITTLE DIRT THAT GOT IN I CAN SEE CARBON BUILD UP ON THE EX VALVES BUT MAN I AM SO STOKED!!!!!:applause::lol: :lol: :eek:

I just got a call from Thumper Racing abut my 325 kit.

They confirmed what I thought I did get a little dirt inthe top end and it may have caused the probelem with the damage to the motor.

But they had also sent the wrong rings with the kit.

NOW HERE IS WHAT THEY SAID AND AND I HAVE TO SAY MAN WHAT A COMPANY, THEY ARE HAVING ME SEND THE MOTOR TO THEM AND THEY ARE GOING TO DISASSEMBLE IT AND CLEAN AND REPAIR ANY DAMMAGE TO THE MOTOR AND INSTALL A NEW SLEEVE AND PISTON THEN SHIP IT BACK TO ME.

FREE OF CHARGE

IF THIS IS NOT THE BEST COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH I DO NOT KNOW OF ONE.... I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU GUYS AND HOPE YOU WILL BUY YOUR KITS AND THINGS FROM THEM, I EVEN OFFERED TO SPLIT THE COST 50/50 AND HE SAID NO THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN IT HAD THE WRONG RINGS AND WE WANT TO MAKE THIS RIGHT. I KNOW THAT THERE WAS A LITTLE DIRT THAT GOT IN I CAN SEE CARBON BUILD UP ON THE EX VALVES BUT MAN I AM SO STOKED!!!!!:applause::lol: :lol: :eek:

Wow that's something.

Nice:applause:

Good on you for being cool about it and nice job by Thumper Racing.:applause:

good to see they stepped up. I had them do my 01 yzf250 into a 270 a couple years ago and i loved it. I'm going to do the same kit on my d/s ttr after i get the suspension revalved. Can't wait it will make a fun play bike.

by the way who did your case boring. Did you have it done locally or by tr? If locally was it easy for your guy to do and did tr send good detailed instrustions on how to do it.

I am lucky in the fact that one of my dads best friends owns a machine shop and he is a motorcycle guru, he raced back in the day and I mean way back in the day when bikes had names like BSA, Triumph and all. anyway he is now retired and all he does is jugs and stuff, I would not trust this to anyone that is not an expert in the area, lets fact it it is better to pay Thumper to do it I dont know how much a new set of cases are but I know it is not as much as having them do the work... I am just lucky I have a guy who knows his stuff so yes have them do the case work...