Sign in to follow this  

dr 650, which big gas tank?

Hey, I wanna put a large gas tank on my '04 dr 650.

I've been lookin at the "IMS" and the "Acerbis" 4gal.

Does anyone recommend any inparticular??

Does "white" mean its transparent? (acerbis)

I saw a guy on a Yam and he had these extra tanks that ran along the rear number plates. Has anyone seen these for Suzuki.

Also- A rack for luggage? What kind?, Make? etc..

Please send pics. I like seeing what other guys are doing to their dual purpose hogs!

D

Usually white = white and natural = translucent, such is the case with Acerbis and IMS tanks anyway (I have a natural ims on my CR250R and a white Acerbis on my DR250SE).

If I were a DR650 guy I would have a very hard time going with anything other than the Aqualine tank. Its pricy, but big and oh so cool.

Promoto does billet racks that are quit spiffy. Happy trails does luggage racks I think. Have a look at the DR650 thread at advrider. Many many dr's pictured there and most outfitted for long distance with large tanks and luggage.

have fun

I have an IMS in yellow. I love it! 4.9 gallons of pure enjoyment. :applause:

I know IMS has a somewhat funky finish... does the yellow fit the Suzuki yellow? I assume your DR is yellow (like mine is)?

Usually white = white and natural = translucent, such is the case with Acerbis and IMS tanks anyway (I have a natural ims on my CR250R and a white Acerbis on my DR250SE).

If I were a DR650 guy I would have a very hard time going with anything other than the Aqualine tank. Its pricy, but big and oh so cool.

Promoto does billet racks that are quit spiffy. Happy trails does luggage racks I think. Have a look at the DR650 thread at advrider. Many many dr's pictured there and most outfitted for long distance with large tanks and luggage.

have fun

+1 on the aqualine.The only issue I've had is when it's full,you really notice the extra weight.For what I use the bike for though the extra range is well worth it.

2007_0304kieran0007-1.jpg