Sign in to follow this  

4 Stroke + 2 Stroke = 4 Mix!?!

Been around for awhile. Had to disassembe/reassemble one of these little things at the technical school course I was taking, and I must say it's a pretty ingenius engine design.

Operates like a four-stroke, lubricated like a two-stroke.... oil sump issues of 4-stroke power equipment eliminated.

Oh boy, the incovenience of adding oil to fuel, with the lesser power output for it's size of a 4 stroke, sign me up.

Oh boy, the incovenience of adding oil to fuel, with the lesser power output for it's size of a 4 stroke, sign me up.

i dont think you understand the concept. its made by sthil, who make chainsaws. i'd like to see a 4stroke that can run upside down.:applause:

Kind of odd why you would make such an engine; a 2-stroke alone would be great, as well as a 4-stroke....why mix them? Still is a pretty interesting piece.

Kind of odd why you would make such an engine; a 2-stroke alone would be great, as well as a 4-stroke....why mix them? Still is a pretty interesting piece.
to have a chainsaw engine that dosen't smoke or throw unburnt oil.

Yea they have had that for about a year and a half. STIHL came to my school to show use when it first came out and it only took about a month for the first one to come into the shop for repair.

i have one, its in a weedwhacker, dont say anything unless you have used one, they are nice, powerful, the only thing is it sounds like a four stroke, which isnt good :applause: