Sign in to follow this  

TC510 tuning?

Hi there, i'm looking to use an 05 TC510 engine to power a race car and was wondering if there are any aftermarket parts for this engine to increase power and reduce weight suce as overbore kits or billet parts? There's no information at all here in the uk so i thought you guys might be able to help.

Thanks in advance,

Ad.

A friend just had a race car built - he used an engine from Hayabusa. He said sometimes those bikes get wrecked and the engines are available for that reason.

We had no choice over the engine - they were already bought for us and we're trying to do the best we can with them. What are the advantages of the high comp kit (i'm a bit of a newbie to bike engine's!)?

Cheers,

Ad.

A higher compression ratio will increase the efficency of the combustion process. More is always better until you get to the point where you get preignition do to fast burn rate of the gas. Higher octance gas will slow the burn rate to control the preignition. This is a pretty hopped up engine as delivered, does not leave lots of room for improvemnt like a Harley etc.

Is this for the Formula __ deals that collages compete with.