Sign in to follow this  

HC32 A/V cable dilema

I've got the HC32 with the SONY proprietary 10-pin A/V connector that sticks straight out the side of the camera. This cable makes it difficult to near impossible for the DVR, with cable attached, to fit in the Pelican case I bought for it.

I tried to modify the cable and wrecked it. I can cut a hole in the case to allow the cable to stick out, but the cable could come unplugged and/or damage the A/V port on the DVR.

Has anyone found a solution or workaround to deal with this cable connection. I found one company online that sells a modified cable with a 90 degree bend, for $90 dollars! No thank you. Has anyone found a right angle adapter for the cable? Are you modifying the OEM cable to allow a bend? Are you running the straight cable and not concerned about the connection?

Any feedback from users of this DVR would be appreciated.

I hear you Johnny. I have that same dilemna too....I'm all ears on this one...

Same camera here. Right now I am trying to come up with a better mousetrap. I was using a carrying case for a 35mm camera and laying the DVR in there on its side, A/V jack pointing up and padding around the jack. Now I'm trying to come up with something like that for a fanny pack set up. I basically am trying to use some foam padding that is about as thick as the jack protrudes, if you get my meaning. Kind of like encasing the camera in foam with an access hole for the cable to reach the jack.

I actually emailed the company with the adaptors to ask what info they needed so I could buy the adapter. They never responded. Great customer service. I focking hate shitty customer service! Go out of business! :lol::applause:

Ahhhhh.....I feel a little better now.

WWW.XTREMERECALL.COM

sells a 90 deg av 10-pin. I have it and it works great.

its right on their front page

Like I said in my original post, I found a company that sells these and they want $90 dollars plus shipping. The OEM cable from SONY is less than $20 dollars. So these guys want an additional $70 for there labor

What are the other cheap skates like me doing instead???