Sign in to follow this  

Share your +/- MX-Tech Suspension experience.

Does anyone have information good, or bad about their experience and success using MX-Tech products and suspension services?

I'm considering sending up my suspenders and shock for my DRZ400 for a complete workover: springs, base/mid-valve, seals, service, etc.

Price seems fair at ~$625 for everything.

Thoughts and/or other suggestions?

thanks,

Mike

Contact Mike at Thermosman Suspension over in Woodstock, GA. One of the best in the business. Tell him Will sent you (Will be at Daytona untill after the 15th of March).

Doesn't Thermosman do street suspension specifically? I'm familiar with him from that side of the sport.

He is doing my SM now. He did the shock (Ohlins) but I am sending it back. He wanted to shorten it by 30mm, I asked him to make it 11mm instead. He did what I asked. Guess who was right... Thermosman! He is also going to do my forks for me. My bike is all apart now and the parts are going to be shipped off to him this friday to be at his door the day he returns. He voiced no concern to do my suspension. Only caveat I can give you is trust him, let him do what he thinks is right. He makes me look like a Gump regarding suspension.

My bike was setup using MX-Tech products. Had '03 Showa forks re-valved (with the check plate removed and a mid-valve created) and an Ohlins shock for the RM125 re-valved for the DRZ. I'm extremely happy with the results.

What I don't get, however, is that valves are just shim stacks, basically a bunch of washers. So what makes one company's valves better than another?

Maybe there's something I don't understand, but my guess is that if you're buying anything, you're buying the experience and know-how of a particular individual who can help you get the results you want out of your suspension. The guy who did my bike is one of the best. But can that be said for anyone suspension pro who used MX-Tech products? I doubt it.

MX-Tech revalved and resprung my shock. It was very good. Your really paying for someone who understands cause and effect. Not just guessing at shim numbers. Finding out after the fact that your high speed compression jolts your eyeballs sucks. Sending it back to be redone sucks too. Thermosman also is regarded as one of the best.