Sign in to follow this  

440 Kit

hey i have a ltz 400 quad that i am going to sell and it came with a 440 kit. it is ported polished with cams. i also have an stock 06 drz 400. should i switch the top ends so i have the 440 kit on my drz?

the only thing thats holding me back would be reliability and gas milage. i heard the 440 kit gives you better gas milage. i plan on running stock carb and exhaust for a while. any jetting changes for the 440??

I'm not sure who did it. I bought the quad with a cracked case and I'm buying a new engine for it and doing some swapping. The quad was immediately shut off and the kid didn't drain the oil after it broke. It sat for a few weeks before i got it then i drained the oil and there was still a lot in the engine so I'm not worried about the top end. The kid I got the quad from is rich so he wouldn't go cheap on big bore kit.

Why are you worried about gas mileage? with more power your gonna want to ride it like you stole it.. A few mpg is a small price to pay for the grin on your face...:applause:

Eddie ,

im just about to install the M/T 436 kit , wile im at it the head is going to be overhauled is there any truth in that the valves have a coating on them so this should not be done ? car'nt see it myself ??? thanks for you time .

yes,they are coated.

tha valve job can be done.do not use lapping compound.

ok eddie great info , ive just stripped the top end and removed the piston , there was a lot of oil on top of the piston and the ring were leaking on the sides were the pin is :lol: is this normal ? would have been the factory break in :lol: it will be having a dry build then warmed up then 1/2 hour going up a down the box loading it up is this ok , also ive got to try some carb settings im on 4 clip now( with full FMF & 3x3 ) and a reamed main jet so i was going up another clip 5 and getting the jet reamers out again as it not easy to get jets here plus its a real pain removing the cv carb all the time , what jets do you think will get me going ?

thank for your invalueble info :applause: