Sign in to follow this  

diff between 05 250x and new07 250x

Has anyone seen or herd if the 2007 250x is any quicker...Cuase it doesn't seem to be easily cccmodified... There carb isn't as adjustable,its got a air valve(par) a bigger 40mm carb.etc......I'm mean stock form to stock form is it any quicker. Because right now my ccc moded 05 250x seems quicker than my buddies 07 250x.....Maybe he doesn't know how ride ??? Is the new 250x head worth any power on my 05??????:applause:

well I hear you..but that doesn't really asnwer my question... Is the 07 x faster in stock form than a 05 in stock form ...And can you still queeze out more power on the 07... I mean the 05 with ccc mod is alot faster than stock... At least mine was. I can keep up to my buddies on their 250r bikes no problem.... So the ccc mod on a 05 is well worth it. Do you have to do the same on a 07 or did honda fix that probelm so Its already fast or is it just set up diffrent were you wouldn't be able to squeeze that much extra power out of it like the 05 like with a ccc mod done to it.????

I rode an 07x late last fall, but I was in "street clothes" but it did seem to have a bit more zip than my 05 that is jetted and opend up. Could have just been me, the the front end seemed to come up easier on the 07. My 05 has about 75 hours on it and will be a 280 shortly before all this snow melts around here.

What mod is a ccc mod? I just fell in love with my used 05 250X, now I'm thinking on a new crated 07 just because of this crazy noise it makes. The other TT members say is nothing. I'm going back to the dealer I purchased from this week, but you guys are great for advice. I've been away from this stuff for awhile, but I love riding now as much as I did when I was fouteen. Life can be great that way.

well I hear you..but that doesn't really asnwer my question... Is the 07 x faster in stock form than a 05 in stock form ????

The answer is a big yes. My stock 07 out pulled my buddies modified 06. After it was jetted it was even better. I've never ridden an 05 - But I'm sure happy wih my 07.

Top speed should be similiar stock to stock but the 07 will be alot more responsive with the revised throttle linkage.

I disagree... there is alot of power diffrence bettween the 05 and 07.. The 05 ccc moded is about the same as the 07 com[pletely stock and quiet. Imagine if you opened it up and r cam and etc etc etc.....