Sign in to follow this  

Just Getting Into Pitbikes

I'm 45 And An X Racer, New To Tt And Am Buying A Pitster X3r To Ride W/ My Kids And Possibly Race. Any Places To Ride/ Race In Eastern Mass?

my advice is to get something like a yz85 large wheel or a yz 125 as when pit bikes hit a bit of dirt there is hardly any grip and you just get stuck i should no its happened to me plenty of times.just invest in a second hand scrambler and you'll be alot happier hope that helps

You should check out the new X4. I don't know how big you are, but the fifty based bikes are a little cramped for me, even though that's what I currently have. I don't really care for the X3, it just looks kinda odd. Pipes are hard to find to work with the frame also. If you want a fifty based bike, check out the X2, or X2R.

I have a x2 and love it but I understand the X4's are based on the 110's and plan to move up myself in the future.

I hit my knees on the bars a lot in the corners. It hurts after a while.

i've got an x2r, and realy like it. i'm 5'7" and 40yrs old it fist me well. pegs are a little high but its ok. a little hard to wear full mx boots, but my boots are still new. heard the x4 for is better in that aspect. bars are at the perfect height and width. great power, very good handling, fun to jump. have lots of fun with it. good luck!

my advice is to get something like a yz85 large wheel or a yz 125 as when pit bikes hit a bit of dirt there is hardly any grip and you just get stuck i should no its happened to me plenty of times.just invest in a second hand scrambler and you'll be alot happier hope that helps

Your kidding right?

Yeah I'm about 6'1" myself, But I still love my x2, other than hitting my knees on the bars and the pegs being high I've been very happy. I just installed new lower pegs and plan on raising the bars but I just ordered my X4 so I might delay that.

^^Yeah, that's me as well. I'm about 6'2" and around 195 lbs so the fifty is a little cramped for me, but it's still a $h1tload of fun though.