Sign in to follow this  

turkey baster coolant overflow mod

does anybody have pictures of their turkey baster coolant overflow mods i cant seem to find how to install it and where to put it. and does this really help :applause:

yes it works,zip tie to a down tube,do a search on turkey baster there should be some pics

does anybody have pictures of their turkey baster coolant overflow mods i cant seem to find how to install it and where to put it. and does this really help :applause:

Look in my Garage...I have a picture of it in there. Its not a real good picture though. And it does keep the coolant from spilling on the ground. Whatever coolant overflows into the tube will be drawn back into the radiator when it cools down. Therefore no lose of coolant:applause:

Look in my Garage...I have a picture of it in there. Its not a real good picture though. And it does keep the coolant from spilling on the ground. Whatever coolant overflows into the tube will be drawn back into the radiator when it cools down. Therefore no lose of coolant:applause:

what did you use to cap the top of the baster ... looks like you got rid of the big bulb.

i just went to the hardware store lowes i think and bought a tapered rubber plug i then drilled a hole through it and put one of those brass insert hose fittings in it. i then wired the turkey baster over top of the rubber plug so it would not fall out made a upside don loop and ran it under the skid plate

what did you use to cap the top of the baster ... looks like you got rid of the big bulb.

It is a plastic cap that goes on the bottom of a steel chair leg.

You can get them at any hardware store. I then drilled a small hole in the top of the cap, then inserted a plastic vaccum fitting w/a 90 degree bend into

the hole. Then ran a vaccum hose from that fitting down behind the radiator. You need the hole in the cap to vent the system.

Motion Pro make a coolant recovry bottle I used to run one on my bike. But once I figured the reason it spit fluid was a small leak in my head gasket. I fixed gasket and no more use for bottle, just done let it sit at idle.

It is a plastic cap that goes on the bottom of a steel chair leg.

You can get them at any hardware store. I then drilled a small hole in the top of the cap, then inserted a plastic vaccum fitting w/a 90 degree bend into

the hole. Then ran a vaccum hose from that fitting down behind the radiator. You need the hole in the cap to vent the system.

You put the 90 in the cap you drilled a hole in, or in the tip of the baster? If so, why the 90 in the cap?

The bike comes with a coolant recovery bottle, the front frame downtube! All you need is a couple fittings and some hose. There is a vent hole in back that needs to be plugged too.

You put the 90 in the cap you drilled a hole in, or in the tip of the baster? If so, why the 90 in the cap?

I put it in the cap. At first I just put a hole in the cap. But I think dirt,dust,etc might get in there. So I put the plastic elbow in the top of the cap to run a vent hose down the side of the radiator. Less chance of any junk getting into the cooling system.

S6000166.jpg

Whoa, i was about to post that pic, its MY bike.. ha ha...

I just went to home dept, bought some vinly tubbing, and a chair leg cap, and a fitting that would allow me to attach the tubbing to the overflow tank top for the vent line...

I ran the overflow line from the rad cap to the bottom of the baster, which i stole from my wife, but u can get one ay wally world.. then ran some extra tubbing from the top of the baster, where the cap went on, then the fitting, i ran the line across my down tube, then down the other radiator, like the clutch cable is ran, that vent tub goed into my skid plate, .

I wouldnt like it behind the radiator. I like to check the coolant level in it.

Probably couldnt see it behind there

You make a good point.

Its really easy, it seriosuly only took me like 5 minutes, thats because my bike was allready taken apart.. if you have any questions along the way, just post em..

• Like 1