Sign in to follow this  

5th gear fork part number.

Bike is jumping out of 5th. Ordering parts from TTstore, but the selector forks are described as 1, 2, 3, .Does anyone know the part number for the 5 th selector fork or the description number (ie 1, 2, 3,).

Any tips on the other part numbers required as need to order parts before stripdown due to short turnaround time between winter/summer series.

Thanks.:applause:

It's shift fork 2 assuming that you have exactly the same problem (fifth gear slipping) that I had with my bike (2003 YZ250F). I also had to replace the third, fourth and fifth pinion gears. It is always a better idea to strip down the bike first and then order parts unless you absolutely can't. You never know what other problems you might find in there.

Thanks for the info.

Looking at the diagram it's starting to make sence.

Would be good to strip then order, but being in the U.K. Parts take a couple of weeks to get here.

If I can get most parts orderd , any extra I can buy local (allbeit at a stupidly high price).

It takes a few hours to strip the motor, I would do it tonight then order tomorrow. It would suck to have to order a gear or something from a dealer, it would probably cost as much as a new motor on e-bay.

Also replace the oilpump assembly. I think its like 60 bucks for the tt store. If your gear has been slipping, I can be almost for sure that you will have some debris in the oilpump.

Top tip with the oil pump, allthough I run 3 magnets in the system there is allways some sh*t floating around.

Do I need a complete oil pump assy. or are both rotors the same (5NL-13320-00-00) so only need to replace them.

Have 165 hrs on it , going to port the head and fit a high comp piston while it's apart. I know it's not ideal doing two things at once but time and money dictate otherwise.

:applause:

I don't think you can buy just the rotors. Get the whole thing. The bearings in the oil pump from my 03 were going bad so I just replaced it.