Sign in to follow this  

Can I pant the rim?

I'm 15 and I have to pay for my own stuff. I just bought a 2004 yz250f and it has a black excell front rim and the rear rim is stock. Can I pant the rear rim? Has anyone done this before? Can you show me pics of it? How dose it look? Thanks!!

Painting it will work but it won't last for long. The paint will chip away and it will look like s**t in no time.

i wouldnt do the rims....even if u have anodizing paint...i wouldn't do the rims, but i would do the timing plugs, oil filler cap, rotator clamps, and levers....

do it! see wat happens. im 16 and want to do the same thing. tell me how it turns out. if it chips jus reapaint it.

it will be a pain in the ass repainting the rim....especially if u dnt cover up the tire or remove the spokes and nipples....if not then u'd have to cover all the spokes and the tires....not worth it....just run it tha way it is and try to save for a black or silver one

dont do it. tskes too much work to brake a rim down and evern if u do get the rim totally taken apart and painted with good pain and nice layers and clear coat u have to put the rime back together god like laseing a rim realy hard

Lacing a wheel isn't too bad at all and truing it is a breeze if you do your homework before you start. Search for wheel truing threads on tt and you'll find some good stuff. Just remember when you are truing wheels to tighten every 3rd spoke and be "smarter than the wheel". :applause:

Paint chips, Ive seen it done, get it powdercoated at least thats pretty cheap, you might have a place you can get it done in town, I do.

do it! see wat happens. im 16 and want to do the same thing. tell me how it turns out. if it chips jus reapaint it.

ur gonna be repainting alot

180decals.com has wheel graphics for $30 for a set of four. You can get any design that you want. Alot better than painting them all the time. I think they are 18 mil also, so they are pretty thick. You should give it a look.

Powdercoating will prolly work well. I was going to do that before I gotmy black excels. It is cheap and pretty chip resistent too.

will powdercoating the rims hold up? Does it look good? I've wanted to do this but have never spoken with someone who has.

it would probably be easier to just sand the anodized black off the front wheel and go silver all around.

Or, screw it and go ride. The bike looks much cooler if you ride it well.

I think that I will just leave it the way it is. If painting it won't work, then it's not worth the $$$$$ for looks, Al least not right now. Thanks for all the information!!:applause::lol: :lol: :eek::naughty::lol: