Sign in to follow this  

Will I miss the e-start?

I guess this is as good a time as any for a first post...

I've been following the forums for the past couple years. In '04 I was deciding between a crf250x and the te250. I chose the Honda.

I've been one that has had "issues" with it and I'm ready for something else.

I was originally looking at the KTM 250sxf just for the light weight and strong motor. But then the Husky caught my eye... again. It seems like a really good deal for all the things that come with the TC... and it's a green sticker bike! Even better!

I guess one of my questions (I will probably have a few) is: Will I miss the e-start if I go with the TC250 instead of the TE? Are the 07 250's like the 450's and easier to kick than the 06, or is that just a 450 thing?

I don't really need a plate, just the green sticker.

I will be using it for trails, like Big Bear area, and some track (Cahuilla or Amago).

Thanks

crazyhouse

I chose the TC over the TE (250) because i wanted lighter weight and more power. Did so in 03 with a YZF250 / WR250 and that was for sure the right choice. If a 250f is jetted right it will kickstart real easy. For me I need all the performance i can get out of a 250F and this is the best route. Keep it light and ride it like a 125. The gearing might be an issue for you but you could always keep two sets on hand. Most of what I do is tight. I might have to gear up for the high dez and a few other areas. BTW I got a TC250 with a 300cc kit on it. Taskys has them in stock, nice kit :applause: I'll report on that soon.

Ride-- yeah, I think I'm leaning more towards the TC just for the reasons you stated. The 300 kit sounds interesting. I look forward to the ride report.

KX250FRiDeR651-- I know I'll miss the button in a "now-what-do-I-do-with-my-thumb" lazy kind of way. I guess I was meaning will I miss it in a "I'm 5'6"-and-don't-have-the-best-leverage" kind of way. But if it starts up in a reliable kind of way (when jetted properly), that's all I can ask for.

crazyhouse