Sign in to follow this  

General Care

My little brother has this 2006 CRF 70F. had it for about 6 months. I dont recall any major maintenance done to it besides cleaning it.

what normal things are done to that bike to keep it running?

He doesn't ride it alot, but enough to know its time to freshen it up a bit.

My little brother has this 2006 CRF 70F. had it for about 6 months. I dont recall any major maintenance done to it besides cleaning it.

what normal things are done to that bike to keep it running?

He doesn't ride it alot, but enough to know its time to freshen it up a bit.

change the oil, clean the airfilter, tighten spokes, tighten everythin just to make sure nothing is loose, thats mostly it for a 70. maybe put some fuel stableizer in if the bike ever sits for a long period of time

how do i get to the airfilter. i assume it is under the seat, but i have tried to pull it off and it doesn't come easily. is there a trick or something?

i think it really needs a change, bike runs a little rough.

Unscrew the clamp, tear off the black air box, unscrew the cover and wash the filter with gaz, then put some oil on the filter and get it back togheter all the pieces and go.

I use 90wt gear oil and clamp it between two boards to get excess oil out. But I'm sure real filter oil would work better.

what kinda oil should i use?

u can go get a can of uni oil and cleaner for pretty cheap. i think like 15 bucks togetehr if i remember. If u have other bikes its a must. And while ur there get engine oil...

no other bikes, just this one for the little bro. this spring ill have to give it an overhaul. before he starts riding.