Sign in to follow this  

Orion AGB 29-125

I was thinking about getting a pit bike. Not sure if my dad would let me but if I did, would this be a good bike? http://www.orionpitbikesales.com/agb29-125.htm I have a kx250 and I'm not sure if I would have fun on a bike like this. I could afford that over the summer. Just wondered what you guys thought about this bike. I know you are supposed to check all the bolts and everything. How much work is it to keep one of these running? I guess I just want to know about them. Any other suggestions for under $1000 would be welcome. Also, where can I get a stronger rear axle bolt.

How is the suspension? The frame? I weigh around 175 without gear. I might jump some small stuff for fun. Just natural jumps like ditches and small hills. I'm 6'2", would I need taller bars? I've read that you need to loctite all the bolts and grease all the moving parts. Is there anything else that is especially weak besides the axle bolt? Thanks in advance.

oh yea, got my rear axel bolt from www.orionpitbikesales.com same place i got the bike.

You will have to call them, its not on their website.

does this bike use a klx110 or kx65 rear axle ? i need to upgtrade mine for sure, but not sure what fits exactly. your help is appreciate !:applause:

we race the 29s, we upgrade our axles with a 12mmx220mm grade 12.4, socket head they work out well.

kx racer, we run pro taper tall bars, factory fx tall seat foam and gripper cover, we also change out our stock plastics to klx/kx, uni air filters, axle upgrades, and rk chains. I have some of my 29 pics. posted at www.miniriders.com.au (tfmartin photogallery) for the money you cant get a better bike. Let me know if you have any questions on bike set-up.

from what i know of orion pit bike sales is selling copies of the original and they are junk, i have one and it fell apart after the first ride.

i wouldnt buy anything from orionpitbikesales

trust me its not a good idea

dude my buddy just got one i think it is a ok bike it rides like a ttr125 i think but he allso had probs with his carb bike i would get one they seem ok hear is a site where they sell the upgraded 29 with the better hubs strong axel and some more they have a bad ass warranty and miltary discounts and cheaper then any body else http://www.tntpitbikes.com/ i hope this helps talk to tommy he will tell u every thing i think the foot peg mount bolts need to be repaced thats all

• Like 1

I chatted with Tommy the other day, he is a great guy and spent a lot of time answering questions. He offers a 1 year warranty too.

oh yea, got my rear axel bolt from www.orionpitbikesales.com same place i got the bike.

You will have to call them, its not on their website.

It's on their site, under the upgrades & performance mods.

I just shatted with Jason I think it was the other day and they really know their prodict and seem extremely willing to help when it comes to upgrading. I should have got my Orions from him...

I love the orion pit bikes! They are awesome specially for the price, but you have to be really careful when buyinh them because there are a ton of cheap copies out there.

That orionpitbikesales.com site is selling cheap copies, they are not real orion bikes. Yes their site has some pictures of real orion bikes, but they are selling copies. I called there and the Jason guy tried to tell me that there was no such thing as an orion brand really, and that there were 4-5 factories making them, which I know is a straight up lie!

Real orion bikes are manufactured in china by one factory and that is apollo vehicle or motors, I know its apollo something.

I got my agb-21i and agb-29 both from orionpitbike.com which I know definitely sell the real orion bikes and parts.

Peace :thumbsup:

That orionpitbikesales.com site is selling cheap copies, they are not real orion bikes. Peace :bonk:

WHAT...???...now they have copies from copies...wuahahahahaha......:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted::cheers:

I love the orion pit bikes! They are awesome specially for the price, but you have to be really careful when buyinh them because there are a ton of cheap copies out there.

That orionpitbikesales.com site is selling cheap copies, they are not real orion bikes. Yes their site has some pictures of real orion bikes, but they are selling copies. I called there and the Jason guy tried to tell me that there was no such thing as an orion brand really, and that there were 4-5 factories making them, which I know is a straight up lie!

Real orion bikes are manufactured in china by one factory and that is apollo vehicle or motors, I know its apollo something.

I got my agb-21i and agb-29 both from orionpitbike.com which I know definitely sell the real orion bikes and parts.

Looks exactly like every other "Orion" I've seen.

:thumbsup: I got a 2007 AGP-29 5 weeks late from a site listed in this thread. I will say if I were to get another it would be from Tommy at http://www.tntpitbikes.com/ . TNT gave me more info and help than the dealer I got it from but I found him after I placed my order with the other dealer. Overall it's a good base, to race it you must put high bars on it and a few other things. Mine came with the carb facing the rear and was to close to the exhaust and cylinder. It got so hot that the fuel would boil and the bike popped and bogged after a 10 min ride! Also when they say breakaway handles they mean it. I went to try a stoppie and the front brake lever crushed in my hand. I sent in pictures of the lever to see if they will warranty it . For the most part the factory warranty is hopeless but the dealer tried to make it right. Two more problems I wish I knew you had to be in neutral to kick start it and I had to fix the wiring harness they put the wires in the wrong pins, other than the soft forks I like it. besides for 900 or so bucks you get what you pay for. I got a 24mm mikuni and the right manifold fixed some odds and ends and it seems to be a fun bike so far. I think I will get the Lifan 138cc motor as soon as this one blows.

I have a OPBS AGB-29 and the Vin plate says Apollo so does the C.O..That's real enough for me. I agree about Jason saying they are made at 4 or 5 factories he told me the same thing but maybe they are , that doesn't mean hes a liar. Besides they are all slapped together copies of something

I'd be very carefull when making slanderous accusations in public without providing any hard facts to back up your claims, an opinion is warranted, everyone has one, but calling someone a liar by backing a claim with mis-information and providing no founding facts can lead to an unfortunate outcome on your behalf.

Opollo is the manufacturer and Orion is the "Brand" name. And yes to clarify; there are infact hundreds of chinese factories that produce and manufacture the parts for the import pitbikes of all "Brands". Most of the actual Chinese import companies that we know of by name actually just assemble the final product that we puchase under the various "Name Brands". The quality variance in "Brand Names" comes into play because some import brands put more effort into selecting better of the many available components. This takes trial and error, time, and follow-up with current customers, and as with most "Brands" shows with their warranty services and customer support.

I know for a Fact that orionpitbikesales sells authentic Orion products, because I own one myself purchased from them.

In fact one of the main reasons that Orion has patented their own Shroud and plastics designs for several of their models is because of the Orion name "getting a bad rap" due to countless lower quality units being sold as authentic "Orion" pitbikes when actually they were not.

Let's not let facts get confused with opinions...