Sign in to follow this  

Colorado TT Rally for 2007!

Ladies and Gentlemen:

It's Official, the 2nd Annual (sort of) Colorado TT Rally in set for Memorial Day Weekend!

The overall schedule is much the same as last year's event which was this past Labor Day Weekend.

Saturday - Open House and Free Dyno Runs at "The House of Burned" otherwise known as Eddie Sisneros. The name of his shop has just changed to OTD Motorsports, but the location and Eddie's side of the business is unchanged.

Sunday - Track Day at IMI Motorsports Park in Erie, Colorado (just north of Denver). We will have asphalt track time for the SuperMoto folks, and access to their two dirt tracks for all the Dirt folks.

Monday - Trail Ride at Rampart Range, just southwest of Denver in the foothills.

I'll be taking the whole week off from work and would love to assist/accompany anyone who would like to explore more of the trails that our great state has to offer. I can offer some suggestions from around my home area, Aspen (duh), or we can figure it out!

I've got some other exciting things to share for the event, but I'll keep those close to my vest for now! Trust me, it will be worth the effort to attend. I just wanted to get this out to everyone asap so that you all can count on the event dates!!

The last event was attended by mostly folks from the DRZ400 Forum which is where the idea was hatched and where I mostly hang out while on TT. I want to get the word out to everyone that this is not a DRZ only event and we want as many folks to attend as possible.

We had a blast last fall, and everyone left with some great memories and a few "epic" stories. So, make plans to attend now, and I'll get more info out over the next few days and weeks!!

In addition too, are there any other supermoto riders in the denver/metro area? I would be glad to find a club to join or get one started. I'm still new to the sport so advice and input will be greatly appreciated

Yea me too. I'm looking for more people who ride on the streets to get together for a ride in the mountains. I ride an 03' ktm 625 sxc and a friend who rides an 02' crf450. Would be interested to set up a ride this spring.

Come on out for the Rally, you'll meet lots of local guys and get your chance for some track time. I'd never been on a track until this event last year, and it's fun. No one will pass judgement, everyone is there to help and have fun!

This is getting close!

I'd like to get an attendance estimate, so if your planning on coming, please reply here with the number attending and for which days. I've got this type of thread here, in the Rocky Mountain forum, and the DRZ forum, so please only post in one to keep it simple for the tired graveyard cop :applause:

The longest thread and the majority of the info is in the DRZ Forum.......I'll go and find the info you are looking for.................here is a link to the entire thread. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479145

Schedule -

Friday, May 25th - Nothing specific scheduled as yet, probably a Travel day for most.

Saturday, May 26th - Open House at OTD Motorsports in Denver (Home of the World's Most Powerful DRZ's and Eddie Sisneros!) It will be an Open House at Eddie’s shop, you can pick up any forgotten supplies, and Eddie will be available for consultations, and will be offering “FREE” Dyno Runs!

Sunday, May 27th - DRZ Day at IMI Motorsports Complex in North Denver (really it's in Erie www.imimotorsports.com is their rather limited web site, but it has a picture of the SM/Cart track and some other tidbits. This will be a grand day of both dirt and pavement riding for all skill levels. SM and Dirtbikes are welcome and invited. IMI has a couple of dirt/MX courses, the cart track, a dirt oval and lots of room (not a lot of shade, but lots of room)!Forrest from Wheeling Cycle Supply will be on hand with some wares to show and I'm sure......sell! We hope to have one or both of the TT owners on hand, and perhaps the TT DRZ! (For those that remember, it was supposed to come last year, but couldn't. We are hoping for better luck this year!) The track will be freshly paved, so, you SM guys will have it good.

Monday, May 28th – We will be hosting a Trail Ride in up in Rampart Range riding area in southwest Denver. Yes, I know it’s a holiday weekend, and it will be busy up there, but my trail coordinator has some “secret” trails that he assures me will be fun, challenging, and not swarming with people!

So, make your plans, and take some time off. We'll be looking for you!

If you need a place to stay, and don’t want to look for a Hotel or Motel in the area,

here is a nearby campground, only about 5 to 6 miles to the north. It's quite nice, ponds, trees, fishing, etc!

http://www.roadcamping.com/rv/Colora...mpgrounds.html

Here is an arial image of the track - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Dacono+CO&t=h&ie=UTF8&ll=40.04117 7,-104.947146&spn=0.007869,0.021629&om=1

Here is a Map to the track - http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...tm ap=get+map

And here is a link to a Rampart Info site - http://www.rampartrange.org/