Sign in to follow this  

Alessandro/Hixon Trail Ride Report

Fantastic pics, I missed the boat again,,,,just keep me in mind for the next adventure, thanks Rob,,,,,

Fantastic pics, I missed the boat again,,,,just keep me in mind for the next adventure, thanks Rob,,,,,

Rob you missed a great one. I've been on alot of really good rides but this was right up there with the best of them. Next mid-week ride will be on Wednesday 3/14. Not sure where it will be yet but where ever it ends up being it will be fun. Want to come?

I will on a flight to the land of the rising sun...... darn it!!!!! I leave on morn of the 14th!! Thanks for asking!!! See ya soon, thanks Rob

I will on a flight to the land of the rising sun...... darn it!!!!! I leave on morn of the 14th!! Thanks for asking!!! See ya soon, thanks Rob

Hey Rob when you get back why don't we try and turn this ride into a Husky gathering. Between myself, you , Rstrauss, EM_Rider, Dano540, and Pmaust that would be a nice little collection of Husky's right there. It's relatively close to everyone that I just listed.

More awesome pics. Just keeps getting better and better Walt, keep it up!!!

Looks great, I like that kind of ride although I typically like to do more like 70 miles of that kind of stuff. How many miles of trail are up there?

k

Looks great, I like that kind of ride although I typically like to do more like 70 miles of that kind of stuff. How many miles of trail are up there?

k

In that area the 36 miles that we did is it for riding the good stuff that you can legally ride. If your dual sported you can add a bunch of easy stuff but why bother. Most of my rides typically fall into the 60-70 mile range but you just can't get that kind of mileage in there.

In that area the 36 miles that we did is it for riding the good stuff that you can legally ride. If your dual sported you can add a bunch of easy stuff but why bother. Most of my rides typically fall into the 60-70 mile range but you just can't get that kind of mileage in there.

Kelly (ride), come down and we'll all ride it twice!

9Lives, have you proposed a date yet? How about 3/18 Sunday?

That looks like some great riding! I love the technical stuff. Drop me a pm on the next Husky ride. I'll go!:lol::applause:

To compliment Walt's fine pictures and 'story' here's my helmet video from last Sunday...

Here you go: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7186210427382718313&hl=en

So my bud Larry and I head up from SD County to the little town of Anza. We ride through Tripp Flatts, to Alessandro, descend Alessandro then over to Bautista Canyon and up Hixon trail. We ride the Hixon loop 4-5 times, both directions, then up to an old preserved fire lookout tower...then back to Tripp Flatts/Anza.

50 miles of mostly single track SoCal fun.

Mic input broke last year in Mexico...so no engine sounds, just music...deal.

The quality on Google is so-so...but you get the idea.

I'm not fast, but my buddy Larry is...you'll see he runs away from me. The video makes everything look much flatter than it appears/feels like in real life.

The mic input on my video setup broke some time ago in Mexico...so no engine sounds...just music.

Enjoy,

That's cool info, thanks. I love the Hixon trail, except that it's sorta short. I've got some riding buddies in Hemet. Next time I'm out there I'd like to give that Alessandro trail a go.

Lets get it on,, for sometime soon,,while the SoCal weather is cool. Helmet cam time!! first week of April??

Lets get it on,, for sometime soon,,while the SoCal weather is cool. Helmet cam time!! first week of April??

Rob check your PM. It will have to be this Saturday or late April since I'm leaving for Moab on 4/10-15. After this Saturday I won't ride until then.