Sign in to follow this  

Alessandro/Hixon Trail Ride Report

Wow what an excellent job on your ride report. I never knew about that place and want to find my way there,,,,,want a tag-a-long next time? I'm old, fat and slow but I never complain and working on the fat and slow part.

Wow what an excellent job on your ride report. I never knew about that place and want to find my way there,,,,,want a tag-a-long next time? I'm old, fat and slow but I never complain and working on the fat and slow part.

Can you ride mid week? What's your idea of old? I'm 50 so I'm not exactly a youngin. A let's have some fun with a no whining attitude is way more important to me than how fast someone is.

To compliment Walt's fine pictures and 'story' here's my helmet video from last Sunday...

Here you go: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7186210427382718313&hl=en

The quality on Google is so-so...but you get the idea.

I'm not fast, but my buddy Larry is...you'll see he runs away from me. The video makes everything look much flatter than it appears/feels like in real life.

The mic input on my video setup broke some time ago in Mexico...so no engine sounds...just music.

Enjoy,

GREAT post...Makes you look forward to the weekend...

Glad you had fun at hixon but why the need to post so many pics and reveal its location. Hixon is my loc spot, and if you don't know where it is then GOOD. Its a place that you should only be shown to by a local, or someone that has ridden it for years. We all know what happens to good riding spots whe they get blown up. 90% of hixon and alessandro are tight single track type trails. The more people that go there, the better chance that people are going run into each other. Please keep hixon on the DL, it doesn't need to be marketed:naughty: . And by the way if you are reading this and your thinking of comming to hixon, just remember that there are no beginner areas to ride. These are intermediate to very advanced trails.

HTC LOc'S

aka. H-tOWn LocaL's

Holy revive an old thread Batman,

I'm happy to report it appears our OHV/Green sticker dollars are at work. The deep ravine/rut in the middle of the Hixon trail ascending from Bautista Canyon Rd. has been filled in and is not as much fun, err challenging, as it has been in recent years past. Wonderful day of riding, 2 of us riding saw 2 others on mountain bikes and 2 others on dirt bikes. Alessandro was a blast as usual!