SoCal: Looking for a group to ride with

Hey all, longtime lurker, sometime poster.?

I have a 2001 WR426 which is street legal, and am looking for some guidance to riding in areas around Arrowhead/Big Bear/Silverwood that I can take advantage of my plated status. I'd love to tag along on a ride or two and get my feet wet on the joys of plated riding; my ultimate goal is to attend the desert ride from here to Vegas next year. The recent post from SlowXR is a perfect example of the kind of riding I'd love to do. :applause:

I probably ride about 2-3 times a month right now, mostly in an area near my house in Hemet. I've been a streetbike rider most of my adult life, although a head-on collision left me with some nerve damage in one arm that makes me a bit more reserved now than I used to be. I've ridden in Ocotillo, Glamis, A street in Perris, and a lot of areas right around our house. I enjoy riding fire roads just as much as tight, twisted trails, so I'm open to just about anything.

I'm 35, married with a 6 month old, and am by no means a hooligan. :eek: I'm just looking for some like-minded individuals who I can hook up with for a ride up in the mountains nearby. I read all of these awesome ride reports and I always intend to send PMs or try to get in touch, but I figured this way I'm not putting anyone on the spot.? I have most weekends free and don't mind driving wherever.

By the way, Derwud, if you read this your YZ is doing fine and I look forward to riding with you once you get back on your WR. I hope your leg is well on its way to a full recovery. :naughty:

Thanks,

Tim

I live in Big Bear and waiting for the snow and mud to dry a little more before I head into the mountains. I also ride Barstow/Calico area. PM me if you are interested. I'm a upper intermediate rider, but I have a two year old a one year old and an eight year old so my schedule varies. Let me know if you are interested

Tim, I live in the Hemet area. I'm pretty new to dirt bikes (less than 500 miles dirt), but I've getting my feet wet on some of the local fire roads / trails. This morning I road Rouse Ridge to Thomas Mt and down into Anza for gas, then came back. I'm new and slow, but if you'd like to hook up for a ride some time let me know. Currently I'm free any day of the week. I am plated and I live in the Valle Vista area.

Jeremy

Hey guys,

I've been in here a little while and ride mostly in Cal city. I'd say an intermediate level or so. I also have little ones 4yrs, 12yrs, 15yrs but I would love to go on some "BIG BOY" rides to change things up and meet a few new people. I just got the bike plated so I'm looking to do an adventure ride or two. I'm near the Fillmore area but don't mind a little driving now and then. I work a rotating shift so, my days off change. Let me know if you want to hook up for a ride. :applause:

"D"

I'd be more than happy to do a Big Bear tour for you guys. I'm not a balls to the wall kind of rider, and I have ridden around the desert dome as well. Let me know if your interested and we can set up a day to cruise.

I'd be more than happy to do a Big Bear tour for you guys. I'm not a balls to the wall kind of rider, and I have ridden around the desert dome as well. Let me know if your interested and we can set up a day to cruise.

Jeff,

I would definitely be interested in setting something up. I'm available most weekends and could pull a weekday with a bit of notice.? I'd love to do a day of cruising and checking things out.:applause:

Tim

Shoot show me too!!!

Tim, I live in the Hemet area. I'm pretty new to dirt bikes (less than 500 miles dirt), but I've getting my feet wet on some of the local fire roads / trails. This morning I road Rouse Ridge to Thomas Mt and down into Anza for gas, then came back. I'm new and slow, but if you'd like to hook up for a ride some time let me know. Currently I'm free any day of the week. I am plated and I live in the Valle Vista area.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

I'd definitely be up for a ride around the area. It would be great to check out some of the trails locally and whatnot. Let's put something together.

Tim

You guys let me know when it's warm enough for you and I'll show you around.:applause:

I have a Tourmaster Cortech jacket with armor leftover from my street-riding days that I wear when it's cold out that is waterproof and has a zip-out quilted liner. I also have all the cold-weather gear I need to stay warm. I'm ready when you are.? It's also supposed to 90 in Hemet on Sunday, so I'd assume it'll be a pretty nice day in Big Bear as well.?

Tim

you have another rider here that would be interested. ive beeen wanting to check out the big bear area for awhile now. i dont have a dual sport though, i dont know if you are planning dual sport only..??

Jeremy,

I'd definitely be up for a ride around the area. It would be great to check out some of the trails locally and whatnot. Let's put something together.

Tim

Tim,Jeremy

If you guys put something together on Sunday and wouldn't mind some company, I'd love to tag along. :applause:

"Duane"

I'm booked for the next two weekends but I will be available around the weekend of the 20th. I ride mostly dual sport, but there are enough trails that we could stick to dirt only. If there any other locals I'm always good with opinions on where to ride. Let me know.

Jeff

I'm booked for the next two weekends but I will be available around the weekend of the 20th. I ride mostly dual sport, but there are enough trails that we could stick to dirt only. If there any other locals I'm always good with opinions on where to ride. Let me know.

Jeff

Jeff,

Our one year anniversary is the 25th of March, so for some reason I think I'm out for that weekend.? Other than, I'm all set for a ride as long as I get a couple of days to prepare the wife for it.

We should plan something in early April a couple weeks in advance...I'll be happy to coordinate the ride if you'll volunteer your leadership on the ride itself. :applause:

Tim

I'll be interested if you don't mind another.

My DS is a pig so I just need to stay away from technical single track. But if dirt only I can ride whatever. PM or post.

Thanks

I'm trying to clear some time Sunday morning for a quick Silverwood ride. Start at the dam,take all the good singletrack to Devils Hole and double back to the dam. Only about 35 miles, green/red sticker friendly trails. Anyone interested?

I'm trying to clear some time Sunday morning for a quick Silverwood ride. Start at the dam,take all the good singletrack to Devils Hole and double back to the dam. Only about 35 miles, green/red sticker friendly trails. Anyone interested?

I'am but it cant ride for a month...broke a toe :applause:

Sorry gus been busy and haven't been online for a few days, but I didn,t forget you. April is perfect Big Bear Riding. Start throwing dates at me and if we will ride when most of the group is available. If it is easier we can try and do a late sunday ride or a late friday afternoon ride as well, my schedule is somewhat flexibe.