Sign in to follow this  

SoCal: Looking for a group to ride with

I live in Big Bear and waiting for the snow and mud to dry a little more before I head into the mountains. I also ride Barstow/Calico area. PM me if you are interested. I'm a upper intermediate rider, but I have a two year old a one year old and an eight year old so my schedule varies. Let me know if you are interested

Sounds like we like to play in alot of the same areas. I just rode the Silverwood/Arrowhead area last Sunday and the trails are already pretty dry. We did hit snow up at the end of 2N12X when we tried to head up to the tower. I'll be riding either Calico or Rainbow this Sunday would you be interested?

Glad to see this thread is still going. I would definitely be up for an April ride...that will be the first time I can ride again.

I went on a great ride with a couple of forum lurkers who sent me a PM last week. We rode from Highland up to Big Bear for lunch and then back again. It was a terrific introduction to the area and I am looking forward to doing some of it again soon.

We ran into some snow in the higher elevations like you did, 9Lives. It was fun when we were slogging through it, but getting stuck in the deep stuff was very tiring. I also hit some ice at speed at did a highside into a pile of cut lumber and rocks. I put a nice hole through my riding pants and my upper shin about the size of a quarter. :lol: I rode the rest of the day, but by the end of it the hole was loaded with mud and dirt from stream crossings and was killing me. Needless to say, scrubbing it out that night was a bunch of fun. :lol:

Regardless, it was a small price to pay for a great ride. Thanks again to the 3 lurkers...you know who you are! :applause:

Tim

This weekend i'm riding out of barstow to laughlin with my dad, but in the future i would love to ride calico, and april should be a fairly open month for me to be able to ride up here in the mountains.

"Regardless, it was a small price to pay for a great ride. Thanks again to the 3 lurkers...you know who you are! "

Hey! Who you callin a lurker? Just look at my high post count :applause: Tim, glad you could join us on the ride and sorry again about your leg. Hope you're feeling better. PM me when (if) you want to come out and ride with us.

April is here, who is ready for a TT Dualsport ride?

Tim

Just did one yesterday. 97 miles starting out at Cleghorn then riding Silverwood then Arrowhead. Had lunch in Arrowhead then rode over to Devil's Hole crossed the creek rode up 2W01 played on some of the trails up there. Turned around and came down 2W01 crossed the creek again then headed back towards Cleghorn. The conditions up in the Arrowhead trails were perfect with nice moist trails and perfect traction. I had this one posted surprised more didn't want to join in although I know it's hard for most to get away mid week.

Just did one yesterday. 97 miles starting out at Cleghorn then riding Silverwood then Arrowhead. Had lunch in Arrowhead then rode over to Devil's Hole crossed the creek rode up 2W01 played on some of the trails up there. Turned around and came down 2W01 crossed the creek again then headed back towards Cleghorn. The conditions up in the Arrowhead trails were perfect with nice moist trails and perfect traction. I had this one posted surprised more didn't want to join in although I know it's hard for most to get away mid week.

9Lives,

I'm new to dual sporting and have been watching for posts like yours, except for the weekday part. I'll keep watching and hopefully hook up on a Silverwood/Arrowhead/Big Bear area ride.

We just got 6 inches of snow in Big Bear, but it is melting fast, I did a two hundred mile ride from barstow to laughlin, just two weeks ago and know I have tje itch to ride, We need to get a ride together.

I'm ready!

Sounds like a great ride you went on, Jeff. I really want to do the LA2B2V ride next year. I'm also going to do the dualies.com ride out of Beaumont in May.

Easter is next weekend, but Saturday is good for me. The following weekend I should be available either day as well. :bonk:

Lets put this together!

Tim