Sign in to follow this  

mods to 05kdx220r

I Just Bought A Fmf Pipe For My Bike And It Only Came With 1 Size Bigger Main Jet And The Dealer Said Thats All I Need There Must Be More Mods To Do Than That Please Help

Ive Been All Over The Jetting Forum But Cant Find The Proper Jetting Specs Im At 0-1000 And Would Like To Know About Any Other Mods Thanks

Did you try it with just the jet that came with the pipe? Usually, FMF is pretty specific with elevation and the jets they supply.

I've had 3 pipes from them and just use the jet they provide. I don't foul plugs and have no hesitation, either. The bikes run great!

You can look at the jetting specs on their website, too.

Karl

You can regear it if you want more low end power I went with a 12 tooth instead of a 13. I had a problem with it overheating so I put a 2.4 cap on the radiator. It all depends on what you want from your bike. Putting a big bar on the bike is nice for the vibration. Go to www.frpoffroad.com it will give you some ideas.

I Just Bought A Fmf Pipe For My Bike And It Only Came With 1 Size Bigger Main Jet And The Dealer Said Thats All I Need There Must Be More Mods To Do Than That Please Help

For my 220 I use a FMF K-30 rev pipe and the stock 145 jetting, needle at center - with boyeson 607 reeds I dropped the main to 142. I run crisp at 1000-1500 ft. No airbox lid. It ran OK this weekend at 3500' with just a little blubber off quarter throttle without rejetting....

The pipe should not require rejetting - you will likely find that you need to adjust the air screw some.

thanks alot guys you have been a great help i'll get back to you in a month or so it's -28 running a little lean right now ha ha