Top end time?

Any recommendations as to when to do piston and rings? Valves? I've got an 06 and have been checking the valves religiously and they haven't budged a bit but want to have all the parts ready and waiting for when I have to do any maint. I have eight hours on the hourmeter and had put about ten on before so have about eighteen hours total of moto and desert. I don't baby the bike but I'm not hard on it either.

Ok...that sounds better than the manuals 15 hours. I'm no newb but did blow my 450 up by not replacing the piston and the skirt broke off. You know that old saying about how the mechanics bike is the last to get worked on, yeah, I'm that guy, sometimes.

Ok...that sounds better than the manuals 15 hours. I'm no newb but did blow my 450 up by not replacing the piston and the skirt broke off. You know that old saying about how the mechanics bike is the last to get worked on, yeah, I'm that guy, sometimes.

The manual says to replace your top end at 15 hours?? :applause:

yea thats wat is says in my kawi manual....its all wrong...my maintance schedule is usually similiar to the one in the serice/ownnrs manual...but the times are changed...there are a lot of errors made in the maintanence chart in the manual

15 hours is for race applications only. If you are serious about racing then thats how ofter you should replace it. Atleast hard racing. You can run them alot longer but manuals say that to warn people that after that you could have a problem.

If I were you I would get a compression tester and a leak down tester. That will tell you strait up.