Sign in to follow this  

my buddy jus got a 1995 kx125, want more low end!!!!!

well, i finally convinced my friend to get a bike, and he bought it from my dads friend. it was 1400, but it has alot of work done to it. it has wiseco piston kit, factory connection ravalve(shock and forks), hinson racing clutch basket and pressure plate, ebc clutch kit, pt contour bars, fmf fatty, fmf shorty, iron man sprockets, x-ring chain, fresh mh3's on it, and some more stuff. i thought this was a steal for 1400, even though its old age, its been completely redone. anyways, he's new to riding, and the bikes powerband doesnt kick in until later on in the powerband, which make it harder for him to learn on. he stalled it about 100 times today before i finally showed him to feather the clutch and keep it there until u get moving.

his bike just doesnt have the lowend he wants, and i want him too. i was wondering if the v-force will help this out alot, or maybe just some new reeds? is there anything else he can do to gain more low-end besides gearing?

It seems that that is pretty common with the 125's. I rember them being that way back in the 80's too. Real peaky and pipey has always been a trait of the 125. I hope someone has an answer for you but I am sure reeds will not solve the issue. Displacment may though. Big bore kit maybe?

There lies the reason I am putting a KDX200 motor in a KX125. I want something in between a 125 and a 250. Anything bigger than a 120 pound guy and the 125 will show it's bottom end deficit really badly.

yea, he is only 160, but the clutch is really tight, so thats bad enough to learn on. im about to see what the v-force reed cage will do for my 05 yz125, but that thing already has tons of lowend

you're just looking at what the majority of 125 smokers are like. most are really verry pipey, how else do you think they stay up with the new 250 thumpers?:applause: