Sign in to follow this  

OK, lurkers...you could at least say hello!

Hello! I've posted a few times, been indirectly accused of asking dumba** questions (unfortunately, guilty as charged), and have been informed that the answer to the particular DA question has been covered in one of the sticky threads. Got a story for y'all though:

I live close to a very fine riding area, one in which some very unselfish individuals have spent countless hours posting arrows on trees for some 20 miles of single-track. All of the dirt bikers I have seen out there all fully suited up and follow the designated directions.

Then there are the four-wheelers. They come out there with no protective equipment, three or sometimes four people on one machine, and huge coolers on their racks. They leave beer and soda cans all over the place and then run through the open trails like their heads are on fire (and their a**es are catching). Last week the idiots decided to build a bonfire and singed some of the conductors on an overhead line that dissects the riding area (yes, it was a huge fire).

So this past weekend the sheriff's deputies were out in force running people out because they didn't have written permission to ride on that land (which is owned by one of the regional banks). THIS SUCKS BIG TIME!:applause: The sheriff was called by the power company.

I guess there's not much we can do about it, but it sucks that our riding areas are being lost due to the actions of a few idiots on four-wheelers.

As previously mentioned, I try to learn what I can from previous posts. This board is a vast technological cornucopia!!! :applause:

I bought my SM from a good friend ( who is still trying to find a bike worthy of his odorless rear end :eek: ) and I've been enjoying ever since. I've turned 3500 miles myself since august, and thats with a big break during the "cold weather" here in SC.

It is starting to warm up though!!!!!! :lol:

How can you see who is reading a post?

:lol:

yep lurker here, thanks for all the great info. when I have something good to say I will but do you really want thousands of useless replies to something we know nothing about? thanks again.

Hi all,

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks why I waited for delivery of my 2007SM, picked it up Saturday and still smiling! Managed 60 miles and still not used to it, feels strange after my Firestorm and still nursing a broken collar bone from a pit bike crash, but thats another story.

Cheers,

Martin

Well, I guess I'm a lurking because I'm not even a newb, I'm still just a wanna-be.

It's been 18 years since I sold my dirt bike--way back when I got my drivers license. I've been wanting another one for a long time but there have always been other priorities.

Last month I decided I'd waited too long and started looking around to see what kind of dual purpose bikes were out there. After a lot of research I decided that the DRZ400S is the bike for me--of course this awesome forum has played a big role in helping me make my decision.

Well, now I've got it bad for the DRZ. I can't stop thinking about it. I go to bed thinking about it and wake up thinking about it--every day I'm thinking about it. Before it seemed like life was flying by because I was so preoccupied with other things. Now that I'm saving up for my DRZ the days seem to have slowed to a crawl.

I'm looking at 4 to 6 months before I can get one. But I WILL have one! :applause:

Well, now I've got it bad for the DRZ. I can't stop thinking about it. I go to bed thinking about it and wake up thinking about it--every day I'm thinking about it.
I hear your pain!

But after you get one, it will be the same. But worse.

Hello. :eek:

I don't post much beacuse I am real newbie to dirt bikes and motards; I only know about this site from another person who rides a DRZSM.

As time goes on, and I do more mods to the DRZ, I will post up more. I am looking forward to my second track day on the DRZ down at Virginia International Raceway. Has anybody ever ridden one of these bikes down there? I rode an R1 last time I went, so this should be a whole new experience.....:applause:

no time for lurking as i'm too busy riding , or maintaining all these damn bikes in the garage. you guys are like my online manual, when my drz has issues , theres no point posting up, as i just use the search function, like a good member:prof:

jus to keep you all updated, since my last post, i have jetted, geared, rad guarded, bash plated, bark bustered, mcct, clarke tanked, change the countershaft sprocket seal, spacer , and o ring, and bar risers. i think i am about done, thanx to all you hooligans:thumbsup:

looking forward to lurking on here again , when another issue arises ,, Roger:canada:

I'm mainly just reading.. Any question that I may have had or have, has probably been answered a million times, and i'm content with just searching.

Me too but thanks for the site, keep up the good work fellas.

:applause:

I guess I haven't posted in ages. Out here on Vancouver Island, so riding is just starting up. Went out last night and did a couple of klicks up by our power dam. Chased my brother who's riding a kdx220. I really notice the wieght of my drz in the trails. When it gets tight, I have to get out over the bars and really push the front end around. I think I have to replace the stock bars with something a bit wider, flatter, plus put a riser or something on the mount. I would like to have the bars up another inch.

Have to plan a big ride with a couple of guys for spring break. Good place to check for ride info is www.dualsportbc.com and look in the Island forum.

I don't know if I qualify as a full fledged lurker anymore. I've posted a few messages. But like everyone else, I am reading the vast wealth of information from TT and making my bike better based on that reading.

GK

"I don't know if I qualify as a full fledged lurker anymore. I've posted a few messages. But like everyone else, I am reading the vast wealth of information from TT and making my bike better based on that reading. "

Ditto,

Thanks for all the info,

Scooter:ride:

Hello to all the new guys, welcome kick your shoes off and stay a while. We sure know how to blow the bling over here. prairiedawg:thumbsup: :applause:

• Like 12