Sign in to follow this  

OK, lurkers...you could at least say hello!

Hi.

I'm searching hard for a DRZ400S. Need one cheap if anyone has any leads.

You guys have created quite an awesome resource here. :bonk: Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute in the future.

Yes, I've been a lurker for some time, but I'll at least introduce myself.

I'm John and I recently bought a low mileage 2000 DRZ400s and am enjoying riding it. Yes, I know it needs different suspension from a latter model and I have the MCCT that I need to install which I received from the TT store last week. The bike came with lots of other aftermarket stuff and has some of the weight stripped off it. I bought it as a more dirt worthy companion to my klr650 and indeed it is.

I have also had most questions answered via the search function but I'll post up one here as I haven't been able to find a diffinitive answer if someone wants to chime in.

I received a 13 tooth sprocket in the deal, can I run the stock chain with that, currently have stock 15/44 on bike?

Also, one thing that didn't come with it is the stock tool kit, is it worth tracking one down or should I make my own? If you all think I should get one, does anyone have one they want to part with?

thanks for all the good information on this site.

john

I'm only posting because the little message at the top of the forums, and this thread guilted me into it:

Zack, 27, Austin, TX. My screename is a contraction of the two things that got me into racing. I started as a bmx kid riding around the neighborhood, but it wasn't until I got a mtbike that I started racing. After some freak accidents during my undergrad years, some titanium internal body bracing, and physical therapy I decided cars were safer. Started autocrossing and time trialing my Honda Prelude. Autocross is really my passion.

I've always loved two wheels, and finally, after breaking up with my g/f of 3 yrs, it was time to get a bike. I sold one of my cars, and I picked up an 06 DRZ400SM this weekend. I have been on forums since Al Gore invented the internet, arguably I have been a college student that long.

I'm fairly certain anything I have questions on has been covered eleventy thousans times, so I don't post until I search.

I never really have anything to add that is useful!!! My knowledge of the DRZ is a tad limited. But "Hi" anyway!!!