Sign in to follow this  

SDG 107 Jetting

Anybody have any advice on jetting for an SDG 107? It is way too lean on the bottom, so I bumped up the pilot, but there always seems to be a bit of a flat spot, no matter where the midrange needle is set. It has the stock carb, pipe, can, etc. This thing is used mainly for a pit bike, and never really gets a chance to get wrung out. I suspect the main has to be bumped up too, but I thought I would get some advice before tearing into it.

Thanks.

It would barely come off idle, when warm, without using the choke some. It had a 17.5 pilot. A 20 made it better, but it was still adjusted 3 turns out on the fuel screw. A 25 got us back into a better adjustment range. To me, it's almost like the midrange needle jet needs to be bigger, or the needle smaller.

The way some of this stuff is put together, it could have gotten a carb meant for a different bike in the line. I tried contacting the SDG folks when I got this thing, to get a service manual, and it was like I was asking for a first born male child, or something.