What bike do the fast guys ride.

When my son started racing MX in '02 on his CR125 our local event were dominated by Yamaha's. The CR125 had to work extra hard to win a race and blew up several times. There seemed to be almost as many Yammi's as all others combined. We saw the light in '04 and bought a YZ250F and now also have a YZ450F. The '04 is bulletproof and fast, still and my son loves the new 450.

However things are not like they were in '02. Yamaha's definitly don't dominate like they used to. There seems to be a lot more Hondas and Kawi;s and I don't like saying it but most of the fastest Pro and even B guys, here locally in Colorado , are on red and green bikes but mostly red.

Is Yamaha losing ground and/or at least #'s at your local races?

Which brand do you see the most of at your races and which brand do most of the fastest guys ride?

I should post this in both the 250 and 450 forums.

This last year a lot of people switched to kawasakis (I don't know why). I have been seeing more and more green. The fast guys in my district ride whatever color they can get the cheapest. Don't go by what the fast guys are riding, most of them get their bikes through sponsorships. The top guys in my district on kawis ride for team green, the fast guys on hondas ride for team thunder alley, the fast guys KTM's ride for OTP KTM, and I ride for Chenango Import Motors with a support sponsorship from Yamaha.

When my son started racing MX in '02 on his CR125 our local event were dominated by Yamaha's. The CR125 had to work extra hard to win a race and blew up several times. There seemed to be almost as many Yammi's as all others combined. We saw the light in '04 and bought a YZ250F and now also have a YZ450F. The '04 is bulletproof and fast, still and my son loves the new 450.

However things are not like they were in '02. Yamaha's definitly don't dominate like they used to. There seems to be a lot more Hondas and Kawi;s and I don't like saying it but most of the fastest Pro and even B guys, here locally in Colorado , are on red and green bikes but mostly red.

Is Yamaha losing ground and/or at least #'s at your local races?

Which brand do you see the most of at your races and which brand do most of the fastest guys ride?

I raced Berthoud CO this weekend, and in the 250 pro it was all honda and yamiswaps. I think there was 1 KXF......... I have seen very few kxf's in comparison to Yamahas.

There are ALOT of kxf 250's in the b's

I got 8th out of 21 in the 250 pro on my YZF 450..........at times I missed my CRF, at other times I did not

kawi and honda are all over ,in reno not many people have yamis but i think that has alot to do with our dealerships in this town , kawi gives there 450 s away for cheap prices and honda is the same way but the yami dealer is very up tight and would rather sit on bikes than sale them

I raced Berthoud CO this weekend, and in the 250 pro it was all honda and yamiswaps. I think there was 1 KXF......... I have seen very few kxf's in comparison to Yamahas.

There are ALOT of kxf 250's in the b's

I got 8th out of 21 in the 250 pro on my YZF 450..........at times I missed my CRF, at other times I did not

Good job! We were at Berthoud too? Did you get caught in that 2nd turn pile up in the first 250 Pro moto? My son did.

Anyway there were only 2 yammi's in the top 10, 6th and 8th. I know it's rider, rider, rider but I'm surprised that many of the Yamaha dealers/ sponsors have lost a lot of fast guys. I'd like to see yamaha recruiting more fast guys at the National level too, 250's and 450's.

From the forum rules:

"No cross-forum posting (creating the same thread across multiple discussion forums)."

But, to the question, since about mid '06, there have been a lot more YZF's than the year before.

But I don't really care what anyone else rides, regardless of how fast they are.

Good job! We were at Berthoud too? Did you get caught in that 2nd turn pile up in the first 250 Pro moto? My son did.

Anyway there were only 2 yammi's in the top 10, 6th and 8th. I know it's rider, rider, rider but I'm surprised that many of the Yamaha dealers/ sponsors have lost a lot of fast guys. I'd like to see yamaha recruiting more fast guys at the National level too, 250's and 450's.

I was on the very inside going into the lower corner and missed it by a hair. I hope the guy tumbling was ok, all i saw was a dust cloud and fenders, and the whole moto i saw visors in the dirt going into that corner.

I was 871, was your son #2????

Bike color fads come and go through time. I always ride whats best for me, screw what others think or what seems to be the best by popular count.

Yep. You can win on any of them. If you don't win on (insert color here), you still won't win on (insert color here).

I don't know much about hte Zooks but other than that you can for the most part just pick your favorite color. All the current bikes are great. Find a good deal with a shop you can (almost) trust and go with it. I think biking the bike that you dig the most is probably more important than which one is the absolute best performer. If you like it, you will be confident and you will ride well. My next bike will probably be a YZ450F mostly because I like Yamaha and the have, in my opinion, the best record for reliability.

Fast guys ride whatever picks up the bill. They are fast because of them not the bike. Look at RC he was fast on a KX the a CR then a RM. Hell Showtime was fast on everything!!!!!!

Ah, Showtime, the good old days.