Sign in to follow this  

What color do you see most at your races?

When my son started racing MX in '02 on his CR125 our local event were dominated by Yamaha's. The CR125 had to work extra hard to win a race and blew up several times. There seemed to be almost as many Yammi's as all others combined. We saw the light in '04 and bought a YZ250F and now also have a YZ450F. The '04 is bulletproof and fast, still and my son loves the new 450.

However things are not like they were in '02. Yamaha's definitly don't dominate like they used to. There seems to be a lot more Hondas and Kawi;s and I don't like saying it but most of the fastest Pro and even B guys, here locally in Colorado , are on red and green bikes but mostly red.

Is Yamaha losing ground and/or at least #'s at your local races?

Which brand do you see the most of at your races and which brand do most of the fastest guys ride?

I should post this in both the 250 and 450 forums.

All the bikes are very similar in power. It is just a different color most of the time. It all depends on rider and the deals they get at dealers.

I haven't looked a whole lot but it seems to be mostly hondas

Red and Blue here, with some Yellow, Green, and Orange for added color!!! (got a few oddballs too, including a Cannondale!)

IN new york it is all hondas cuz they know the yamahas are shit and honda are number 1

The only time I ever see you post is when tell us how great your Honda is. Hows about we all go over to your Honda forum and rave and rant about how we don't have to touch our valves because the Yamaha's are 100 times more reliable?

Grow up. You see more Honda's possibly because the Honda dealers in the area have better deals, all the bikes have equal potential, it's all about the rider. Now don't get me wrong, I love Honda's too, I grew up on Honda's, but I bought a YZF after seeing too many red ticking time bombs.

Lotta red n' blue up in Northern Indiana where I race. For the longest time I was the ONLY KTM, then gradually the 50's started showing up and then more and more on up in the sizes. Loved beating people on a near stock KTM 125, then started on the 200. There's a few more out there now. :lol::applause:

Mostly Orange...but then I do mostly scrambles and GP races

at the dessert races i see alot of hondas and ktm's. but every1 rides every brand out here it seems

Honda is dominant, but not much, Yami is definitely taking it over, more and more every time we go to the track.

Its mostly blue and red bikes at the tracks around here.

I dont think that Yamaha has lost ground, I just think that the kids see Stewart and Villopoto on the Kawi and think they gotta have a Kawi.

It was the same when RC went to Honda, then went to Suzuki. The kids see the best rider winning on a certain brand and they think that brand must be better (even though the best riders would win regardless of what brand you put them on).

I think that in terms of performance all the brands are pretty equal. MX has always been all about wearing the right gear and riding the brand that the top rider at that time is riding.

mostly red and green but theres a lot blue... i stil cant figure out why theres a lot of red when they could of been in the shop... only if they had realiblity of a yami the track would be bleeding with red

i see alot of yellow around here...alot of green too for that matter... then blue then red...this could be partly due to the dealerships around my area. in Des Moines we have 1 yamaha dealer, 1 honda dealer, and one suzuki/kawasaki dealer... the Yamaha dealer is the worst (horrible sales people, horrible after sales treatment, pretty much everything is horrible except for the product...) the honda dealer is by far the best (which is strange because you dont see that many honda dirtbikes running around) and then theres the suzuki/kaw dealer, they have a great sales staff and are pretty much a great dealership, but they are a touch overpriced...actually they are a ton overpriced (basically all the OHV dealerships in des moines area suck), but the suzuki/kaw dealer focuses alot on bikes rather than quads etc. whereas the yamaha and honda dealers focus more on quads (75% of the quads in the area are red) there is also suzuki dealer just east of des moines that is responsible for alot of the yellow...they have a fantasic dealership and i noticed that the more east you go the more yellow it gets (coincidence...i think not) GREAT DEALERSHIP! the only reason i am on a Yamaha is because of the product, if i were going by dealership, i would be riding yellow!