Sign in to follow this  

Fork height in triples?

What's everyone running as far as fork height in the triple clamps? I made a real bonehead move....I replaced the seals and bushings in my forks, and forgot to measure the fork height before I removed them :applause: . I set it back to stock, but it doesn't feel the same. Not sure if it's my imagination or not......

I have mine raised 12mm total. I added 5mm to the stock heighth.

Your stearing will be quicker and it shortens your wheelbase a tad. I have mine set-up for off-road though, not the track. :applause:

If you raise the forks up in the clamps your steering may FEEL quicker but you actually end up with less traction because it reduces your trail.

I see you live in florida, lots of sand ,me too hear in mich. If you run your forks at the stock setting ,and set your sag at 105mm it will handle better in the sand,and the when you brake in to turn it will transfer more weigth to the front to trun. Hope it helps.

Mine are at 10mm above the clamps, but I've been thinking of raising them a touch more to see what happens.

I found that after changing the oil (same weight) it felt different even with everything in the same position. I am currently 3mm up from stock, sag at 102-103.

CR2CRF, I agree. Raising your tubes changes the trail, slightly. However, it also shift's the weight of the bike forward and therefore INCREASES front traction. The front end of my bike has all the traction I need. Even in the Southern Indiana mud. :lol:

Everything I have read says to raise them 5mm from stock (which is 7mm for my 05) to increase stearing response and front tire traction. I guess it comes down to personal preference though. Not every change made to a bike will suit every rider. :applause:

I see you live in florida, lots of sand ,me too hear in mich. If you run your forks at the stock setting ,and set your sag at 105mm it will handle better in the sand,and the when you brake in to turn it will transfer more weigth to the front to trun. Hope it helps.

Hey tjg...where in Michigan are you? From the sand comment, I'm guessing western?

well as you can tell everyone has a different tube height. Why dont you experiment and see what is best for you?