Sign in to follow this  

756's suck in Indiana Mud!!!

I just broke out the bike this week to get ready for the first race of the year. The ground is total mush here in southern Indiana and I'm riding 756's. Man, these things are horrible in this thick, sticky, loamy, wet, top soil. I need to find a better tire for the Widow Maker. I'm thinking of Michelin S12's. I've heard a lot of good things about them. Hopefully they will shed the mud better than the 756's. My trails are tight woods and gullies, so I need something with maximum traction.

Oh, and I just installed a 15oz flywheel and it definately makes the bike more managable in the woods. I still "flame out" occasionally though. :applause: But it does help smooth the power delivery.

The G2 throttle body is sweet as well. It takes out all of the "twitchyness". :lol:

:lol:

I got the G2 from Motosport.com. Those guys are great to work with and 2-day shipping is free with orders over $100.

As for 125shifter, I'm pretty sure I JUST SAID I was getting mud tires. :applause:

756's have their moments, but mud is definately not one of them. Your thread title would make it seem like your bashing them and I thought the same thing, thats probably why you got the response you did.

As for 125shifter, I'm pretty sure I JUST SAID I was getting mud tires. :lol:

Shove your "lame" comment. Don't whine about using a tire for something it's not intended for. The average idiot will come on here, read 756s suck.... and then all of a sudden folks are asking "what's the best tire..." and folks are replying "I've heard 756s suck...".

:applause:

Yeah, I guess you are right BK.

I do like the 756's in the right conditions. Later in the summer when things dry out they are sweet. They just suck in muddier conditions.

Actually, the front tire still hooks up nicely. Surprisingly, I dont get any push even when it is caked with mud. So I am impressed with the front tire. I just can't get any traction from the back tire. It's all over the place.

Try a 773 dunlop , it works very good in sand, and wet soft muddy conditions. I wish you kids would stop figthing.......... go to your room!!!!

The 756 works good as a front tire with the Michelin S12 on the rear. The 756 rear packs too quickly and wears out even quicker.

Yikes, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Or are you just a Dunlop salesman? Good grief.

The title states CLEARLY that I think they suck in INDIANA MUD. Are you blind AND DUMB? Or just dumb? :applause:

Go cry to someone else. :lol:

If someone started a thread titled "756's suck on Highway 39!!!" wouldn't you just shake your head? That's where 125shifter is coming from.

Or you could just throw on some D739's and never worry about tires for a long time :applause:

Michelin StarCross MS3 works well, mud or not. All that a bunch of us will use anymore, after trying everything else. Very wide-range tire, good in the mud but also a good race tire.

If someone started a thread titled "756's suck on Highway 39!!!" wouldn't you just shake your head? That's where 125shifter is coming from.

Wow! Reasonability on an internet forum??? A rare quality.

Very funny Shifter!!! :applause: I call a truce. :lol:

Thanks for all the tire input guys. I ordered a set of S12's, they should be here today.

I'll give an update this weekend to let you know if they are any better than the 756's in the Indiana mud.

It will be interesting to see if they are going to give me any more traction or if they will just spin in the mud like the 756's. :lol: