Sign in to follow this  

are the front forks on a 2000 drz400s different from a 400e

Hey, iv got yet another question about the 2000 drz 400s I just bought. The front forks do not seem to have a rebound adjustment, i think the 400e version does. anyone know how much trouble it is to change the cap on top of the fork to the e version. Im going to use the bike mostly for riding in the woods and really need to be abel to adjust the rebound.

Thats not good. Do you think the fork on the s series will work O.K. in the woods? We ride in central Ky., lots of rocks, ruts and whoops. i dont know much about setting up suspension, but Im pretty sure I will need the rebound adjustment.

you do know the shock doesnt have rebound either right?

you need to find 02 and newer S or any E forks and shock.

I'll have some 03 S forks available as soon as I put on my USD forks.

Didnt know the shock did not have a rebound adj. Im starting to wonder if the s is going to be worth all of the trouble. I really like the power but Im not to sure its going to handel in the woods. Ill have some knobbys on it by the weekend. I guess Ill just have to try it out. I pulled up the scheumatics on both forks, your right they are completly different, go figure?

It might be a rude surprise, but you'll definitely want to change the forks and shock on your 2000 S. I bought a 2001 S and kept crashing until a fellow TTer sold me the forks off his '03 bike. Also got a good deal on a shock.

If you can get Palhaco's forks, do it. Then look for an E shock or '02 or later S shock on eBay. Then have the forks and shock valved and sprung for your weight and woods riding. THEN, you'll be able to ride your bike on and over anything.

do you know what you will want for your 03 s forks?

As much as possible. :applause: Sorry, I really haven't thought about it. They are basically like new though. Make me an offer and I'll consider it.

Oh shit....just give them to him.

:applause: That's kind of a big gift, don't ya think? I want him to grow up to be responsible and independent, dammit! :lol:

Well, I paid $325 for "practically new" '03 forks....which just happened to come with TAG Matrix upper and lower triple clamps! :applause: Which were "practically new" too!

Since the triples go for $350+, you could give him your forks and $25 cash and call it even!

Just messing around......although that is what I paid.