Sign in to follow this  

Nor Cal Sierra conditions?

Hoping to go to Chalk Bluff or maybe Deer Creek this coming weekend. Anyone know whereabouts the snow level is/will be? I know in the last storm there was quite a lot, wondering if this sunshine has it on the run yet :applause:

Thanks...

Thanks for that xno. I can't beleive I missed that while scanning the board :applause:

Hoping to go to Chalk Bluff or maybe Deer Creek this coming weekend. Anyone know whereabouts the snow level is/will be? I know in the last storm there was quite a lot, wondering if this sunshine has it on the run yet :applause:

Thanks...

John,

unless you are going to ride a snowmobile or cross country skies you are SOL.

About 3' of snow at 4500' at CB.Check out PC. Slyko says it is awsome this time of year with a figure 8 track and a ton of log crossings:eek:Also, If you go to PC this weekend you will probably be the only one there.:lol:

John,

unless you are going to ride a snowmobile or cross country skies you are SOL.

About 3' of snow at 4500' at CB.Check out PC. Slyko says it is awsome this time of year with a figure 8 track and a ton of log crossings:eek:Also, If you go to PC this weekend you will probably be the only one there.:applause:

I hear they have an awesome practice track too.

We rode Deer Creek yesterday. Lots of snow, but still rode all day (about 50 miles total). Depending on skill level and fondness for riding in deep snow, I'd recommend waiting another week.

Nevada or the enduros at Clear Creek is the Call for this weekend.

or mammoth bar on Sunday will be a zoo

We rode Deer Creek yesterday. Lots of snow, but still rode all day (about 50 miles total). Depending on skill level and fondness for riding in deep snow, I'd recommend waiting another week.

:applause: Scott, did you ride the lake side or the burn ?, we need to go on a weekday ride next week, Tue, Thur, I'm just starting to get over this creeping crud, had it all week:banghead:

Did you do a loop from Deer Creek to Crandall and back? 52 miles or so.

Do you remember where on the trail that you started to see a lot of snow?

What trail #?

Just curious cause i was there last weekend snowboarding and the snow levels were pretty low. I have never been out to Deer Creek in the snow yet.

This was only my second time there, so I didn't know where we were most of the day. The guy I was with knew the area better. We were on the burn side, but never actually got to the burn. We took every trail we could find, and kept looping back toward the staging area. I couldn't tell you where the snow started, but I think it was trail 7 or 8 that ended my day. The snow was manageable, but the mud/rocks got pretty slick on the uphills. Again, I think it will be much better next week. Scott

Here is a map if you need it. You can print it to 8.5 x 11.

7 gets pretty muddy on that one uphill about a mile or so down the trail.

8 is pretty rocky and rated black diamond although i have it as blue on the map. I need to update that map. There are more than what are on there.

I think 14 is a black diamond too.

Deer Creek Map