Sign in to follow this  

US exhaust on Aussie bike

Any probs fitting an aftermarket performance exhaust from the US on my Aussie DRZ400E. They're heaps cheaper to buy and import one from the US to Oz, even with exchange rates and freight. US - $600AUD to buy in Oz $1000AUD.

Cheers

G'day SpinFX

Nup - you shouldn't have any proplems fitment wise, just make sure you specify 'E' as the model. I've been considering doing the same - I have an '05 Aussie E too. The only difference I know of is our 'E''s have the rear sub-frame under the fender for the light and blinkers.

BTW - love the handle - though it'll be lost on most of the yanks...:applause:

Best advice fellas is to purchase right here from the TT store, on my ex (sadly missed) 06 E I purchased the Yoshi RS3 full system from the TT store and got it 1 week after purchase to my door! The package was in perfect condition, I highly recommend them. In fact if you find what you want elsewhere they will beat the price as well!!

I think the accent would be all screwed up.

...rofl...nice one :applause:

G'day SpinFX

Nup - you shouldn't have any proplems fitment wise, just make sure you specify 'E' as the model. I've been considering doing the same - I have an '05 Aussie E too. The only difference I know of is our 'E''s have the rear sub-frame under the fender for the light and blinkers.

BTW - love the handle - though it'll be lost on most of the yanks...:applause:

Sweet, thanks for replying, I couldn't forsee any probs either, but I thought it'd be just my luck to get one imported and then it not be a standard fitting!:lol:

Yeah, even alot of Aussies miss the joke in the name...we should be proud of our Australian flora and fauna :lol: ...lol

Best advice fellas is to purchase right here from the TT store

Good advice - thanks Pep, what did it cost you for shipping?

I think the accent would be all screwed up.

More likely it would run on the WRONG side of the bike :applause:

All up mate from memory it was $600 ish AUD including delivery.

Any probs fitting an aftermarket performance exhaust from the US on my Aussie DRZ400E. They're heaps cheaper to buy and import one from the US to Oz, even with exchange rates and freight. US - $600AUD to buy in Oz $1000AUD.

Cheers

i got my TRC yoshi pipe from the tt store , it cost me $1000.00 aus

would have cost $ 1800 .00 in aus .

The stayintune is a "balltearer", with excellent build quality, spot on fitment and sounds tough :applause:

Best advice fellas is to purchase right here from the TT store, on my ex (sadly missed) 06 E I purchased the Yoshi RS3 full system from the TT store and got it 1 week after purchase to my door! The package was in perfect condition, I highly recommend them. In fact if you find what you want elsewhere they will beat the price as well!!

Thanks Pep, I'll definitely keep these guys in mind, especially with the price beating:applause:

The stayintune is a "balltearer", with excellent build quality, spot on fitment and sounds tough :applause:

What's the Staintune like in $$ compared to others? I've always wanted one their systems, although I've heard good things about Yoshimura as well and they seem to be well priced.

Yeah I've always liked the Staintune Pipes. Had one on my previous bike (KLX) and it was great just like wolfdog said. I think they're about a grand (AU) for the DRZ and all Aussie made of course :applause:

If you search the TT garage there's an Aussie DRZ with the Staintune - looks great (can't remember the guy's handle though :lol: ) or I'd PM him. I think he's also got a pic in the "Show us your DRZ" thread.

Of course everyone here recommends the Yosh - but then again they've probable never even heard of the Staintune.....:lol:

Here's the link http://www.staintune.com.au/exhausts/suzuki/Suzuki%20DR400%20Z.htm