Sign in to follow this  

Sb 5544

Sorry guys, I am late to this whole thing. I can not make it to the rally, but how do I voice my opinion? Please help? I am not sure what distric I'm in or who my rep is????

Sorry guys, I am late to this whole thing. I can not make it to the rally, but how do I voice my opinion? Please help? I am not sure what distric I'm in or who my rep is????

Better late than Never!!!

Find your Legislator here:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/Default.aspx

Read the actual Bill here:

http://www.leg.wa.gov/pub/billinfo/2007-08/Pdf/Bills/Senate%20Bills/5544-S.pdf

Get signed up on CLOUT so you wont miss out next time. Read about it

and sign up here (Its FREE, just send an email to sign up):

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239071

Thanks for the info, I just sent out six emails to various people in our state governement. I figure what ever I can do could help. One more way our governemnt can controle us.:applause:

Anything eles I can do please let me know.

Thanks for the info, I just sent out six emails to various people in our state governement. I figure what ever I can do could help. One more way our governemnt can controle us.:applause:

Anything eles I can do please let me know.

SIX!! thats awesome....stay tuned as we will need you again for sure!

Joe

I just called my senator's office in the 2nd district to ask how she feels about sb5544 they did not say one way or another but i was told she feels it is a good bill. :lol:

I told them that sb 5544 in its current form goes too far and if it truly is a enviormental noise issue then way does it only target orv's, and at 45 and 55 db's it would out right ban all orv's. i urged her to vote no on sb5544 and that we must be carefull not to legislate our self to the point of having no individual freedoms.

I said that i was going to attend the rally on friday with my son and her assistant said oh we know all about that, like it was a bad thing is how i took it. i'm sorry i thought this was america where the people elected the officials to represent us, not for them to tell us how it's going to be, like we don't even fit in the mix. i will say she thanked me for calling and did agree with me on some points and said they had been talking about it yesterday as to what puts out 45 db's. this bill can not pass in it's current form. make sure to be at the rally, heck my rep. Jim Mccune's assistant asked me to stop by while i was there, that's a good sign :applause:

Outdoor princess (posting under hubby's log on):lol:

The AMA has a nice link site as well

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp

That is a great site that the AMA has. It has a letter already composed regarding SB 5544 and all you have to do is enter your name & address and it automatically sends an email to your district's senator.

If you have not yet contacted your district's senator then do it now! It does not get any easier than this!!!

I would suggest a handwritten letter using a pink pen to send to your reps Dirtbeater! :applause:

Just a note on the status of SB5544, since this old thread has resurfaced...

Expect Senators Fraser and Weinstein to sponsor an almost identical bill in January, we will need TTer's help to stop this one in February of 2008.

Rest assured that Kevin McG, tod701, dilyb and I will keep you updated on the where, how and why of the anti-access movers and their draconian bills.

If you haven't signed up for CLOUT, you should. clout@hpgmc.com

If you're not a member of any ORV clubs, you should join.

Do it within the next 90 days.

But for now, :crazy: GO RIDE,:D have fun and enjoy America and Washington state and the freedom you still have, while you can, B)for the paper battle begins in three months...

John Dirt :applause:B):bonk:

This issue makes me think of Juniper (for those who don't know it is a huge area with NO public acess). If I was Mr Peterson and I had a buch of a holes speeding throwing litter and ridding threw my fields I would put a gate up also. As a community we need to help ourselfs. If you see a holes doing ahole things kick their a@#, or tell them off. If you are leaving an orv area pick up any trash you see and encourage your fellow orv users to be ambasadors of our sport. Unless you own private land you are at the mercy of the man (and even if you do own you own ridding area you can still be at risk). Join CLOUT it is simple.

Thanks